• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wrex
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007
    • Perth

Chip-It DPF Delete Group buy

I spoke with Justin from Chip-It today regarding a group buy. Justin stated for those on the Pajero forum he is willing to drop the price to $300 + shipping, saving $99. This is valid until the 1st December 2011.

We thought this would be easier than a standard group buy waiting on specific numbers.

If you would like to take advantage give Chip-It an email at [email protected] and refer to my forum name (Wrex) to lock your price in.

Or if you would like to talk to them give them a call on 1800 784 882 or fax 02 9807 9000.

This website is for sale! chipit.com.au is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, chipit.com.au has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Last edited by Wrex; 07-11-11, 11:22 PM.
  • Uncle Fester
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Boambee East NSW

What does this Mod do??? Increase pwr or eliminate the DPF all together????
    NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

• BeeGee
      • Aug 2011
      • Perth

Thanks Wrex, quite interested so will contact Justin.
      Cheers
      Gunmetal 2007 Pajero GLX DiD Auto, 50mm raised Lovell HD's, Bilsteins, Rear diff lock, long range tank (60L), bull bar, spotties, roof racks, dual batteries, rear wiring for fridge, BFG AT's, Bushskinz underbody protection. 2014 Jayco Swan Outback camper trailer.

Comment

• Wrex
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2007
        • Perth

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
        What does this Mod do??? Increase pwr or eliminate the DPF all together????
        Both Uncle Fester but getting rid of the DPF is the major drawcard for me.

Comment

• PAJ30
          • Oct 2011
          • Townsville

Hi newby here and too Pajero as well (08 limited edition 3.2 diesel) but could you post a link to what you actually get as looking at the Chip it site most of the stuff is $1000 plus
          This website is for sale! chipit.com.au is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, chipit.com.au has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
          NS Cool Silver 25th Anniversary Edition with family pack. ARB Sahara bar with winch, dual batts, 2inch lift and 275/65R18's BFG Race pipe and HPD can and rear diff lock.

Comment

• Bennett
            • Mar 2011
            • Melbourne

Sounds like a good deal. Mail sent.

Thanks Wrex
            2007 VRX NS Auto Diesel

Comment

• awill4wd
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2008
              • Pakenham, Melbourne

I also think it's a great deal and I have sent an email to Chip-It also.
              Thanks for all your help Wrex.
              Regards Andrew.
              2019 MR Triton bog stock at the moment but that will change.

Comment

• Wrex
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2007
                • Perth

Forgot to mention Justin will also throw in a free EGR Blanking plate.

Originally posted by Chopha View Post
                Hi newby here and too Pajero as well (08 limited edition 3.2 diesel) but could you post a link to what you actually get as looking at the Chip it site most of the stuff is $1000 plus
                http://www.chipit.com.au/cars/pajero...chengines=1172

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• stefman
                  • Jul 2011
                  • Ridgewood wa

thanks wrex, i will give justin from chip-it a call also

Comment

• Brownie
                    • Nov 2008
                    • Brisbane

Wrex, how do you find the noise from the exhaust with both the DPF delete pipe and the LRA long range fuel tank which needs a new muffler? I have heard that the LRA muffler is not as quiet as the original MM barrel.

I was thinking of getting both of these mods myself. Can't help but thinking that if Chip It used a straight through resonator/hot dog muffler as the base for the delete pipe, and just welded in sections for the sensors on the muffler, you might get the best of all worlds - improved reliability, more power, less fuel, AND a quiet vehicle.....especially for those with long range fuel tanks.
                    Last edited by Brownie; 08-11-11, 10:29 PM.
                    Sold Pajero NS R SWB 2008
                    Replaced with a 2018 Mazda BT50

Comment

• Merts
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2011
                      • Bendigo Vic

[QUOTE=Wrex;179671]Forgot to mention Justin will also throw in a free EGR Blanking plate.

I put one of these pipes on my otherwise stock NS a couple of months back, mainly because I was totally over having to go for a 20 minute drive to complete a burnoff every few weeks. (I live 5 minutes drive from my work, so the filter blocked up pretty quickly). Apart from the obvious benefit of never having to do a burn off, the car has noticably more power and uses less fuel.

I installed the EGR blank as well, but I got a few engine management errors with the car going into limp mode. When I turned the car off and restarted it it would run as normal again, and after a while the engine error light would go out. My guess is the engine management system was detecting inlet manifold pressure lower than expected, hence the error code. I've removed the plate and so far no more errors.

Merts
                      Merts
                      Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                      Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• Wrex
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2007
                        • Perth

[QUOTE=Merts;179730]
                        Originally posted by Wrex View Post
                        Forgot to mention Justin will also throw in a free EGR Blanking plate.

I put one of these pipes on my otherwise stock NS a couple of months back, mainly because I was totally over having to go for a 20 minute drive to complete a burnoff every few weeks. (I live 5 minutes drive from my work, so the filter blocked up pretty quickly). Apart from the obvious benefit of never having to do a burn off, the car has noticably more power and uses less fuel.

I installed the EGR blank as well, but I got a few engine management errors with the car going into limp mode. When I turned the car off and restarted it it would run as normal again, and after a while the engine error light would go out. My guess is the engine management system was detecting inlet manifold pressure lower than expected, hence the error code. I've removed the plate and so far no more errors.

Merts
                        Merts give Chip it a call he has a fix that all but eliminates the engine check lights.

Comment

• Wrex
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2007
                          • Perth

Originally posted by Brownie View Post
                          Wrex, how do you find the noise from the exhaust with both the DPF delete pipe and the LRA long range fuel tank which needs a new muffer? I have heard that the LRA muffler is not as quiet as the original MM barrel.

I was thinking of getting both of these mods myself. Can't help but thinking that if Chip It used a straight through resonator/hot dog muffler as the base for the delete pipe, and just welded in sections for the sensors on the muffler, you might get the best of all worlds - improved reliability, more power, less fuel, AND a quiet vehicle.....especially for those with long range fuel tanks.
                          After we had the LRA Aux tank fitted to our NS SWB the exhaust noise was a lot louder than standard. We queried it with the installer who rang LRA and they state that yes it is louder due to the smaller size of the muffler and alot to do with the vent on the passenger rear corner of the car. The muffler now exits the rear on the passenger side instead of OEM right side.

I was curious as our previous trip we had lots of dust in the Paj but our 1992 liberty had next to none on the same trip 10years prior. So i set about to remove the passenger side panels to see what this vent was all about. With my training at work we were told that all newish cars have a venting system to vent and disperse dangerous gases from within the cab whilst driving.

This is what i found.
                          Passenger side tailight removed Under the red line the white plastic is the vent.

From inside the vehicle

In this pic the holes inside the red dots are the mounting holes for the rear tailight to give an idea of location.

A comparo for the actual size.

This pic shows the 1 way flaps which angles out of the car when in place.

Inside the red lines this panel is supposed to have a black adhesive rubber cover over it. This had fallen off and was on the floor behing the plastic cover.

Under this vent i had approx 5cm worth of dust with more inside the entire gaurd. I have sealed this vent up to see if a differnce happens both in terms of dust and noise. This is also why I beleive the recirc doesn't work to stop dust entry in the Paj but did on my Subaru's because none of those had a vent.

I noticed no difference in noise with or without the DPF delete in situ.
                          Hope this helps.

Comment

• Brownie
                            • Nov 2008
                            • Brisbane

Good to know that the DPF delete pipe has no impact on noise levels from the exhaust
                            Sold Pajero NS R SWB 2008
                            Replaced with a 2018 Mazda BT50

Comment

• Merts
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2011
                              • Bendigo Vic

[QUOTE=Wrex;179788]
                              Originally posted by Merts View Post

Merts give Chip it a call he has a fix that all but eliminates the engine check lights.
                              Thanks Wrex, I will give them a call.

PS, I dunno if I'm amagining it or not, but I reckon the exhaust note on my bus is a little bit sharper with the race pipe in. Not really any louder, but less of a "drone" when cruising, and more of a "bark" when accelerating if that makes sense?
                              Merts
                              Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                              Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X