• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Green turtle
    • May 2008
    • GOLD COAST QLD

NH 3.0 fuel economy

Have been getting 550 km per tank using regular unleaded towing a trailer full of tools approx 500kg and tools in the back plus a full roof cage. How does this compare to anyone else? Have put in 98 octane for the last 2 tanks to see if any improvement. Car does run a lot better. First tank gave the same economy. Am half way through the second tank and milage seems a little better.
    1991 NH GLS LWB 3.0 V6
  • tez
    • Oct 2007

How many lt/100km does it work out to be?

Comment

• martin7
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008
      • High Wycombe W.A.

not sure how it stacks up with what your getting but i put in $150.00, 142lts and to date have clocked up 876km and still have over 1/4 tank. the first 420km was towing a trailer with the air cond on the hole way. then 160km to work with the aircond on then 160km home with the aircond on and in 4wd (cleaned the interior at work and knocked it into 4wd and didn't notice until i got home). the other km have been short trips arround town.
      cheers murray
      95 NJ PAJERO 3.0LT V6, AUTO, MAN HUBS, ECB bullbar, WARN 9000lb WINCH, dual long range tanks (205lts), Airtec snorkel, K&N air filter, rotronics dual battery system, GME tx4400 uhf, rated recovery points on all 4 corners, GQ rear coils

Comment

• robbav
        • May 2008
        • Perth W.A.

550 a tank? WOW. do LWB models have bigger tanks than SWB of the NH model?

i get 400 every time on normal unleaded.
        SWB '91 NH V6 3ltr front lokka, rear factory locker, BFG 33s, LWB springs out back, and torsioned up front. Manual hubs and next up: snorkel. Shiny custom or safari... hmmm.

Comment

• martin7
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2008
          • High Wycombe W.A.

Originally posted by robbav View Post
          550 a tank? WOW. do LWB models have bigger tanks than SWB of the NH model?

i get 400 every time on normal unleaded.
          yeah the swb only has a 68lt tank from memory and the lwb have a std 90lt tank.
          cheers murray
          95 NJ PAJERO 3.0LT V6, AUTO, MAN HUBS, ECB bullbar, WARN 9000lb WINCH, dual long range tanks (205lts), Airtec snorkel, K&N air filter, rotronics dual battery system, GME tx4400 uhf, rated recovery points on all 4 corners, GQ rear coils

Comment

• dolphin
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2008

my NM 3.5 ltr will average out to 700 k,s per 90 odd litre tank. when i owned a NH 3 litre the fuel average was about the same , both vehicles fitted with aftermarket exhaust systems.
            NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• Boydy79
              • Nov 2008
              • Bassendean, WA.

With my SWB NJ 3.0L I can get around 480-500kms of city driving on a complete tank of 75 litres. Running standard unleaded petrol. Engine wise is standard, though I have fitted a K&N air filter.

According to the Gregory's service manual:
              SWB tank size: 75 litres.
              LWB tank size: 92 litres.

Comment

• Green turtle
                • May 2008
                • GOLD COAST QLD

Another tank gone and the same mileage 550 kms and 85 ltr. No difference between 98 and 91 unleaded just more responsive and smoother to drive. Works out to be 15.4litres per 100kms
                1991 NH GLS LWB 3.0 V6

Comment

• jbalat
                  • Sep 2008

Guys just as a reference I am getting around 12.5 L/100 on my NJ 3.0LT which consists of many half hour trips that are a mix of city and slow freeway.

Comment

• howesey
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Green turtle View Post
                    Have been getting 550 km per tank using regular unleaded towing a trailer full of tools approx 500kg and tools in the back plus a full roof cage. How does this compare to anyone else? Have put in 98 octane for the last 2 tanks to see if any improvement. Car does run a lot better. First tank gave the same economy. Am half way through the second tank and milage seems a little better.
                    My 3.0 manual gives a best of 11.3L/100km and a worst of 14L/100km
                    with a 90lt tank assuming the guage shows empty with 10lts remaining we will work on 80lt.

worst usage for 80lt should be 570km travelled

best usage for 80lt would be 710km travelled or close enough to it

Hope this helps

Comment

• King Of Sideways
                      • Jul 2008
                      • Bundaberg Australia

Lol i have one long range tank not sure if its 140lt or 150lt now with this i get 900km to a tank lol so i think something is wrong being only 17 spending $100 in fuel a week really burns a hole in my pocket i have just fitted a UNI FILTER today so ill see how it goes with that....

cheers Longy

forgot to add the km i do are of 70% town 30% 80km/h hi way stuff to and from work mostly
                      SOLD NJ 1995 GLS 3.5lt 5 spd 210,000km- 150lt long range fuel tank, 32" Maxxis Bighorn Muddies, Custom painted black&White Patrol offset Sunnies, cat back exhaust system 2.5" up front 2 1/4" at the back, Ironman 2" lift all round, aftermarket steering wheel, and head unit , auxiliary battery housing.

Comment

• smeghead71
                        • Jun 2008
                        • Central Coast, NSW

Longy - The City miles are what is killing you! If you can get less start/stop into your day, you'll see much better mileage, and I imagine that your stress levels won't be so high, as well.

My NL (92L tank, I think) does about 600km on the Central Coast, with about 10-15L to spare. I do drive like a nanna, but I am not getting a speeding ticket for anyone! So if you're sitting behind me, tough beans - odds are, my car is bigger than yours (said to the average Joe).
                        Cheers,

Shano

smeghead71

http://www.ilumn8.com.au
                        Get your glowsticks here!

1999 NL Exceed

Comment

• Bernoulli
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Oregon, USA

My new to me '94 SWB just got 13.6 L/100K or 17.29 mpg - first fill up. 5 speed, A/C on around town mostly. This is comparable with my U.S. Gen 1 - same drive train.
                          LWB 92L tank
                          SWB 75L tank
                          89 3.0L 5Spd SWB Raider in NW USA

Comment

• MITSIR
                            • Jul 2007

For Those that tried it out on 98Ron from 92Ron. You might need a few tanks to be filled up before you start to see any improvement on Power and economy, as it takes the computer to self adjust with the 98Ron after a while.
                            NJ Shortie 3ltr
                            ARB Bullbar, ARB Front and Rear Air Locca, polyair bag suspension, Airtek snorkel, Dual Battery setup, Exhaust setup, Big Doof Doof Stereo

Comment

• King Of Sideways
                              • Jul 2008
                              • Bundaberg Australia

now im not sure if this is correct or not but i was told by a mechanic that has worked on pajeros for a long time, i said to him that i use premium when i fill up and he said that i should be doing a 1:3 ratio that being 1 premium tank to 3 normal tanks because he said that the premium cleans the engine and with my model if it cleans to much then the internals become sticky and therefore makes it worse so he said that this ratio will clean but not trip it of the coating that the normal fuel puts on there.

cheers Longy
                              SOLD NJ 1995 GLS 3.5lt 5 spd 210,000km- 150lt long range fuel tank, 32" Maxxis Bighorn Muddies, Custom painted black&White Patrol offset Sunnies, cat back exhaust system 2.5" up front 2 1/4" at the back, Ironman 2" lift all round, aftermarket steering wheel, and head unit , auxiliary battery housing.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X