• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bru9
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Victoria

Ideas on interior roof storage needed

Would like to store lite items up high in rear cargobay like mattress & blankets. Even a bit heavier items like fold chairs & compact solar panels would be good if possible.

Has anyone had a net that attaches to roof area or something? Perhaps using those attachment rails,-not sure how they would get mounted as the Paj is lined with that hard plastic. The problem I see with a net is no way to keep items from moving forward falling out.

Another idea that may work is to make a cage out of lite steel mesh & have it attached to the rear handle grips as those look to take a lot of weight.

please give some ideas thanks.
    2000 NM Exceed Auto V6 3.5
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

Whatever you put up high. make sure that it is well secured, because in the event of a sudden stop (prang), the overhead stuff will come forward against the back of your head. A few years ago, I was doing a driver training course with the Aust Federal Police, and the instructor told us of an incident where 3 cars did a minor nose to tail prang. They came to the second car to get the driver's details, and he was dead. He had been hit by a pair of binoculars which were laying on the rear parcel shelf of his car.

Comment

• Flying
      • Jul 2016
      • Sydney

I have seen a metal cage tray type setup that attaches to an internal frame from a false floor, but also needs to attach to a cargo barrier.. it might work off the handles attachment though... i think it's fourbyfitouts but there website isn't working to confirm.

I agree with erad though, there's no way id be putting anything up that high except pillows, jackets and bedding unless you have a cargo barrier. If its only bedding then maybe a net would do the trick...
      White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.

Comment

• Bru9
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2014
        • Victoria

Originally posted by erad View Post
        Whatever you put up high. make sure that it is well secured, because in the event of a sudden stop (prang), the overhead stuff will come forward against the back of your head. A few years ago, I was doing a driver training course with the Aust Federal Police, and the instructor told us of an incident where 3 cars did a minor nose to tail prang. They came to the second car to get the driver's details, and he was dead. He had been hit by a pair of binoculars which were laying on the rear parcel shelf of his car.
        Sounds unlucky & the back of head is a delicate place to be hit, could have come down to the individual, some people can get seriously damaged from just one hit.

I heard stories of phones presumable mounted in front area being almost lethal. After a while you gotta just accept the risks & drive carefully or else your 4wd won't have anything in it.

Comment

• Yugi
          • Nov 2013
          • Mount Martha

Fourby fit outs do a rear cargo drawer set up with a net/rack storage place up high.

Maybe checkout their website - I have their system and it is also removable - which I did when fitting the caravan brake controller cabling.
          2013 NW GLXR: Bushskinz all round, Rasllar Rear Bar, Tradesman RR with Drifta Rapid Wing Awning, BB & winch, snorkel, HPD FMIC, & other bits and pieces.

Comment

• mlnp03
            • Feb 2009

Is this what you were seeking? 900mm wardrobe rack from Bunnings. Stainless wire from front corners back to cargo barrier. Some cable ties act as a hinge. Strip of carpet across the top, $30 later you are done.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Bru9
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2014
              • Victoria

Originally posted by mlnp03 View Post
              Is this what you were seeking? 900mm wardrobe rack from Bunnings. Stainless wire from front corners back to cargo barrier. Some cable ties act as a hinge. Strip of carpet across the top, $30 later you are done.
              Kind of what I want. But the height is an issue with fridge, still not much room really to make it worth it all. It's turning out to be a very difficult idea to pull off.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X