• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robin
    • Nov 2010
    • monbulk. vic

More Brain Drain

Robin.
    Mods. After market cup holders. 4 After market weather shields from ebay that look and work great. No more messy hair NG 1989 V6 3Ltr. Super Wagon. Electric sun roof, cruise control, ashtrays and great seats and new motor.
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC
  • sandgroper 123
    • Dec 2015
    • W.A

And the guy watching that knew it all did not help them , moron

Comment

• Kingbrown
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2012
      • Port Augusta - SA

Precisely Sandgroper.
      Had an injury occurred (or worse), I'd expect that the know-all onlooker(s) could be held liable for not stepping in to prevent injury/death.

You see it . . . . you own it.
      2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Robin
        • Nov 2010
        • monbulk. vic

That' why I call it Brain Drain.
        Robin.
        Mods. After market cup holders. 4 After market weather shields from ebay that look and work great. No more messy hair NG 1989 V6 3Ltr. Super Wagon. Electric sun roof, cruise control, ashtrays and great seats and new motor.
        To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

Comment

• mrbitchi
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by sandgroper 123 View Post
          And the guy watching that knew it all did not help them , moron
          Really? Stupid comment. In that situation if you step in with a mob like that your just asking for trouble / abuse. Been there, done that, been abused when MY gear broke, not compensated. Now days I won't offer to help unless asked, or the dude is solo..
          Cheers, John.
          LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
          Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• Kingbrown
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2012
            • Port Augusta - SA

Maybe the distinction lies in the difference between gloating over someone else's misfortune versus genuine concern for others' welfare . . . . ?

Comment

• Hatto
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2013
              • Mandurah WA

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
              Really? Stupid comment. In that situation if you step in with a mob like that your just asking for trouble / abuse. Been there, done that, been abused when MY gear broke, not compensated. Now days I won't offer to help unless asked, or the dude is solo..
              I'd tend to agree. Younger mob can be argumentative or aggressive at the best of times.
              Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
              ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• JoshF
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2008
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
                Precisely Sandgroper.
                Had an injury occurred (or worse), I'd expect that the know-all onlooker(s) could be held liable for not stepping in to prevent injury/death.

You see it . . . . you own it.
                bollocks - A first aider is not required to provide first aid in every situation where first aid is needed, so why would a bystander be required to offer advice or take control of a recovery??

A first aider in choosing to provide firat aid is expected to use knowledge and skills in a responsible wway
                NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• Kingbrown
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2012
                  • Port Augusta - SA

Josh, I agree with some of what you've said, but not all.

Take this scenario: A child is about to step off the kerb into the path of oncoming traffic.
                  Do we step in to prevent an accident or do we just say to ourselves 'silly kid, he'll learn' ?

Comment

• sandgroper 123
                    • Dec 2015
                    • W.A

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
                    If you offer help with the right attitude there will never be a problem , the moron on the vid would be abused with his' " i know it all " AND HE DID NOT!!! , i for one could not stand by and see a vehicle stuck in the surf .

Comment

• Paj man
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2010
                      • Perth

Couldn't be more spot on there sandgroper.

Regardless of who and what they've got - it never hurts to approach people who need help with the right attitude, but it needs to be the right attitude. If they don't want help then fine - sit back and enjoy the show but otherwise you can always offer a different way of thinking.

The guy filming has the wrong attitude.
                      1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X