• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jayctee
    • Mar 2015
    • Brisbane

G'day from Brisbane.

Hi all - fantastic forum - I have been reading many very informative articles. Knowledge is power !!! Since buying my PC Challenger in August 2014 I have been up Duck Creek Road to O'Reillys, the Condamine Gorge track, Bribie beach and inland track and Fraser Island (twice). The first time in a rented Landcruiser - just to check it out before I took my new Challenger there. I think the Bribie inland track was the biggest "challenge" of all so far. The locking rear diff was very impressive. Cheers.
    SOLD: MY14 PC LS Auto Challenger, Airtec snorkel, GME TX3100 UHF, RV360 TPMS, Hema HN7, Provent 200 CC, Torque-Pro, Thunder Weekender battery box, Redarc BCDC 1225D charger.
    SOLD 1997 NK GLX 3.5 Auto
  • Paj People 2009
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2009
    • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi and welcome!

All great trips - we've done them as well, except for Condamine - really want to do those water crossings! I do like Duck Creek

JUst spent last weekend up at D'Aguilar NP (Mt Mee section), camped at Neurum Creek campground. Some good intermediate tracks up there - will load some pics shortly. Have you been there? Close to Brisbane, near Woodford. Even got the rear diff lock on a few steep climbs!

Enjoy the forum - the guys on here are very friendly and helpful.

Cheers,
    Sally
    SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• GHendo
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Northern NSW

Welcome to the forum Jayctee.

Nice to see new members up my way ā€“ Iā€™m down near Lismore. Might get to see you at an outing if someone organises one up this way ā€“ we had one to Bribie Island a while ago and it was good to meet other members.

Cheers

Geoff
      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• conquistador
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2012
        • sth east queensland

Welcome aboard. Its amazing what a full day of sun can do to the inland track on bribie.

Hey hendo been to south ballina beach?

Comment

• Jayctee
          • Mar 2015
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by Paj People 2009 View Post
          Hi and welcome!

All great trips - we've done them as well, except for Condamine - really want to do those water crossings! I do like Duck Creek

JUst spent last weekend up at D'Aguilar NP (Mt Mee section), camped at Neurum Creek campground. Some good intermediate tracks up there - will load some pics shortly. Have you been there? Close to Brisbane, near Woodford. Even got the rear diff lock on a few steep climbs!

Enjoy the forum - the guys on here are very friendly and helpful.

Cheers,
          Sally
          Forgot to mention that one ! Yes, we did the easy road, day trip to Mt Mee and came through Neurum Ck. Looked great. I did the Condamine before the rains came - 30/40 cm max of water in creeks.
          SOLD: MY14 PC LS Auto Challenger, Airtec snorkel, GME TX3100 UHF, RV360 TPMS, Hema HN7, Provent 200 CC, Torque-Pro, Thunder Weekender battery box, Redarc BCDC 1225D charger.

Comment

• GHendo
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Northern NSW

Originally posted by conquistador View Post
            Welcome aboard. Its amazing what a full day of sun can do to the inland track on bribie.

Hey hendo been to south ballina beach?
            Gee, that brings back memories mate

I used to go out with a girl who lived right near there - old man had a cane farm and you had to (still do I think) go over the Burns Point Ferry to get there - unless you drive right down to Wardell.

Geoff
            03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• conquistador
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2012
              • sth east queensland

No worries geoff. Thought you might frequent the beach 4wding turns out to be the case for entirely different reasons.

J one question challenger or cruiser the better drive on fraser?

Comment

• Jayctee
                • Mar 2015
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by conquistador View Post
                No worries geoff. Thought you might frequent the beach 4wding turns out to be the case for entirely different reasons.

J one question challenger or cruiser the better drive on fraser?
                Apologies for the delay in reply. I hired a V8 100 Series Cruiser from Rainbow Beach. We stayed Fraser Island Retreat, so there was no gear in the car. The power was great, soft sand no trouble, needed only high range 4WD, 22 psi - as instructed. Covered 320 klm and used 64 litres of unleaded - exactly 5klm/litre or 20 litres/100 klm. The worst part was the hire agreement restrictions eg :-

No travel on any beach within 2.5 hrs of high tide.
                Always use bypass around Poynugan and Yidney Rocks.
                No travel north of Indian Head.
                Always use the inland road at Hook Point.
                Must pay for any damage from driving through, over or top of salt water.

I suppose they have to cater for the least experienced driver. I was told there were "eyes and spies" everywhere watching hired vehicles.
                I went back in the Challenger and it took me everywhere without getting bogged/stuck once. There was no time to go north of Indian Head - which, I am told, is more challenging.
                The surprise was when I was coming home, at Hook Point, while stopped and waiting for the tide to go down around the trees on the beach, the same Cruiser that I had hired previously came around the trees, with water up to the top of the wheels and waves around it !!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X