• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StevoSA
    • Feb 2016
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by rgrubby View Post
    Nice work, it looks great. Interesting point on the low roof rack, what problem does not being able to get under it cause?
    It makes it extremely difficult to secure the roof top tent to the rack when you can't get your hand under there to access the fasteners. I have modified the RTT by adding alloy angle brackets so I can use u-bolts from underneath and fasten the nuts from the top.

Also, you cannot access the roof to clean it so the grime is building up. It is a mammoth job in itself to even remove the rack from the brackets because there is no room underneath to access most of the fasteners.
    NW VRX

Comment

• StevoSA
      • Feb 2016
      • Adelaide

I transferred the drawers out of the Prado into the Pajero last weekend. They fit great but I have to trim the wings to fit yet. Can still access the seat well by sliding out the fridge and the drawer under it. I will modify the other drawer to be completely removable to increase access to the area.
      Drawers.jpg
      NW VRX

Comment

• rgrubby
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2018
        • Wellington - NZ

Originally posted by StevoSA View Post
        It makes it extremely difficult to secure the roof top tent to the rack when you can't get your hand under there to access the fasteners. I have modified the RTT by adding alloy angle brackets so I can use u-bolts from underneath and fasten the nuts from the top.

Also, you cannot access the roof to clean it so the grime is building up. It is a mammoth job in itself to even remove the rack from the brackets because there is no room underneath to access most of the fasteners.

Good to know, I'll remember those points when I get that to that point. Thanks
        2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Kaon and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

• StevoSA
          • Feb 2016
          • Adelaide

It's been a while since I updated this thread so thought I'd mention a couple of things I've done over the last few months.

I replaced the front EHD springs with HD springs as they were topping out due to not having enough weight in the front.

I have changed the dual battery setup to move the starter battery next to the firewall and modify the OEM battery carrier to fit a N70Z size marine type battery.
          Dual_Battery.jpg
          Fitted a removable solar panel to the roof rack which performs double duties - also acts as a wind deflector for the roof top tent.
          Solar.jpg
          Scored a set of 17" Triton wheels and fitted a used set of 265/70 BFG KO2s to try out.
          Triton_Wheels.jpg
          And have been doing a bit of camping
          Katarapko.jpg
          Geranium.jpg
          Dust.jpg
          NW VRX

Comment

• StevoSA
            • Feb 2016
            • Adelaide

Installed factory DRLs. Figured I’ve never used the fog lights so may as well replace them with something useful. Instructions suggested a 1 hour task but took me 4 hours.
            IMG_2162.jpg
            IMG_2163.jpg
            IMG_2234.jpg

Also bought a camper trailer
            IMG_2214.jpg
            NW VRX

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X