• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hatto
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2013
    • Mandurah WA

I'm going to re do mine with a better insulation material soon. I've got a big sheet of what I think they call sizalation? They use it in the building game under tin roofs I think? It's about 10mm thick but does compress. I just hope it'll compress enough to allow the plastic trims to clip back on. The cheap shade stuff works but because it's so thin it looks all creased and loose inside the window. The thick stuff should insulate better too.
    Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
    ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• sharkcaver
      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Originally posted by 0415discog View Post
      I'm going to re do mine with a better insulation material soon. I've got a big sheet of what I think they call sizalation? They use it in the building game under tin roofs I think? It's about 10mm thick but does compress. I just hope it'll compress enough to allow the plastic trims to clip back on. The cheap shade stuff works but because it's so thin it looks all creased and loose inside the window. The thick stuff should insulate better too.
      I agree. Airfoil or something or other I recall it called as. Sisalation (sarking) from what I recall is just a thin foil sheet.

And that airfoil stuff isn't cheap. last time I priced a roll from Bunnings - cant remember the size - cheapest I could get away with was $80.

I was in clark rubber a couple of days ago. They sell a 5mm sheet of foil one side, neoprene backed the other insulation mat for $21/m. I recon a meter would do it. Tempted to give this a go myself. Might be a bit harder to squash between the trim panels though, but I'm sure its doable.

Just a thought.....
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Hatto
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2013
        • Mandurah WA

The thicker it is obviously the more rigid it will be meaning it will not sit loose in the window and look cheap and messy. But it'll also be harder to squeeze between the trim and glass. I've got a big sheet of this 10mm thick stuff about 2.5m x 5.5m which I got with my camper trailer to go over the roof of the awning (I've got and use a separate one over the main tent) which I never use. So if you want some Shane (or anyone else in the area for that matter) and you're down in Mandurah anytime give me a shout and you can cut what you need and have it. I might try and re do mine on my days off next week. I'll post up how I go with it when I do it.
        Cheers, Hatto

ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• sharkcaver
          • May 2009
          • Perth

That's very nice of you, cheers. Don't suppose you have Monday off? Maybe combine with a Preston Bch/Tims Thickett/White Hills Rd run?? haven't looked at the weather though.
          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Hatto
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2013
            • Mandurah WA

Working Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night. Off from Thursday for 5 days. I maybe heading to somewhere in Perth (not sure where exactly yet) Thursday or Friday to pick up a battery for my camper though. Ill let you know
            Cheers, Hatto

Comment

• greybeard
              • Jan 2008
              • WA

Jam it in place with some old fuel tank mounting brackets. You must have plenty of them.

I've got those perspex wind deflectors on my Triton and they are held on with some double sided foam tape that came with the deflectors. (Unfortunately don't know the brand, got them from a 4wd place in Wangara) But they have been in the sun for the nearly 10 years and they are still attached ok.

Comment

• Nab
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2012
                • Perth

For my rear shades I just cut up cheap silver windscreen shades larger than the glass area and tucked the edges behind the plastic trims around the glass. Rear side windows are easy as the hinge open a bit but the rear window took a little more time as I had to lift most of the trim to tuck the shade under it.
                I did exactly this. Worked a treat, bloody amazing the difference it makes inside.

SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Hatto
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2013
                  • Mandurah WA

Originally posted by Nab View Post
                  I did exactly this. Worked a treat, bloody amazing the difference it makes inside.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...t=23322&page=9
                  Think i got the idea from your post come to think of it.
                  Cheers, Hatto

Comment

• Hatto
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2013
                    • Mandurah WA

I can confirm that this insulation stuff I have fits like a glove!

So if anyone wants some, I've got heaps left. It's a bronze ish colour on the inside and silver on the outside.
                    Cheers, Hatto

Comment

• linc
                      • Jan 2008
                      • Perth

0415discog --- I would love to take you up on your kind offer, if you still have some available..?
                      I'll PM you for details & confirmation.
                      Pajero NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto DiD
                      Bilstein shocks / Lovell 2" lifted HD springs / Polyair Bags, Cooper AT3 (265/70/17), Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel, Uniden CB radio with 3+6dB whip antennae, Garmin Nuvi 760, Ironman awning with strip lighting, Rhino Pioneer tray, 42" lightbar, 135Ahr AGM dual batt system, 300W Solar panels, 4" rear work-lights
                      Wishlist : ARB Deluxe bullbar

Comment

• Hatto
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2013
                        • Mandurah WA

Originally posted by linc View Post
                        0415discog --- I would love to take you up on your kind offer, if you still have some available..?
                        I'll PM you for details & confirmation.
                        Sorted Linc! See you (or your bro in law) soon.
                        Cheers, Hatto

Comment

• sharkcaver
                          • May 2009
                          • Perth

Then you can drop your offcut off at my place whilst you check out my aux battery

My Journeys

Comment

• linc
                            • Jan 2008
                            • Perth

Cheers Hatto --- brother in law delivered the foil to me yesterday afternoon, so I will look at fitting over the next few weekends. He said your rig is looking pretty sweet too (and that from a Prado driver!)
                            Appreciate your generosity mate!

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                            Then you can drop your offcut off at my place whilst you check out my aux battery
                            Shane --- deal.
                            Not sure yet what my availability is yet for fitting batts & foil but if I pull out my finger during the week after work I could possibly head on up to yours Friday or sometime over the weekend?
                            Pajero NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto DiD
                            Bilstein shocks / Lovell 2" lifted HD springs / Polyair Bags, Cooper AT3 (265/70/17), Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel, Uniden CB radio with 3+6dB whip antennae, Garmin Nuvi 760, Ironman awning with strip lighting, Rhino Pioneer tray, 42" lightbar, 135Ahr AGM dual batt system, 300W Solar panels, 4" rear work-lights
                            Wishlist : ARB Deluxe bullbar

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X