• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kibz
    • Jul 2007
    • Melb, Victoria

Double Din Unit

I'm in the middle of fitting a double din unit to the Paj and now i have a few questions.
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get a plug to fit the genuine radio plug to save cutting wires? (just in case i want to fit the original radio back) or what did other people do??
    Not being speaker savy.....do i need a spitter as the Exceeds have tweeters near the door mirrors and front speakers, but the double din unit only has one channel for each side at the front?
    Cheers,
    Paul
  • Calspec
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • SA

Depending on the brand of your 2Din unit, adapter plugs are available. Aerpro market a range of products to suit a variety of brands cross matched to all the major vehicle manufacturers. (Not a plug, but Aerpro is the only brand that I am aware of).

You may have to buy a couple of different plug/lead sets to come up with the correct combination, but the end result is you should be able to leave your factory loom intact so that you are able to return to normal if you require.

See their application chart: http://www.aerpro.com.au/vrg.php

I used these to connect my JVC 2Din head unit in replacement of the Mitsi original CD/Radio.

No other connection alterations were required in regard to my Exceeds tweeters. I believe they are split from the front channels. Not sure wether Mitsi's have crossovers or not, but it all still works just fine.
    01 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto, SVI LPG, Pacemakers, Alloy Bar, IPF lights, GME TX3440, OME/King Suspension, 2" Lift, Toyo OCII 75's, 2500Kg Tow Hitch, Milford Cargo Barrier, ARB Fridge, ABR Dual Battery isolator, Rear storage drawers, Hema Navigator 7, JVC 7" In dash DVD, TJM Compressor, 2.5T Hand winch and all the bits that go with it, and a 17' Jayco Westport.

Comment

• MarkJ
      • Jul 2009
      • Perth

As Calspec says you just get a convertor.

A lot of after market stereos use a standard ISO connector, so you get a Mitsu loom to ISO.
      Mine (VMS AVNC 3000) had it's own connector but came with a ISO convertor loom - so was one more loom and more wiring to tuck behind the stereo but the same principal.

M

2004 NP. TJM bar, Premier winch, OME 2" lift, Snorkel, BFG A/T, TJM DBS (custom meters), Davis Brown uderbody, GME TX3440, 40lt H20 with 5lt 12v hot water, metered and pumped via quick connect on tow bar (so hot/cold, shower, carbon filtered drinking/cooking), LRA 81lt fuel, VMS Topo 2din Sat Nav, on-board ARB air with take off in bull bar (programable pressure switch controlled), 12v bull bar connector for solar. Kimberly MyCube root top + Star awning, usual Engel etc.

I need more gadgets...

Comment

• kibz
        • Jul 2007
        • Melb, Victoria

Thanks Calspec and MarkJ....just the info i'm looking for. i will chase it up tomorrow.
        Cheers,
        Paul

Comment

• gjh1967
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2007
          • Lake Macquarie

Try the Aerpro website

This should at least give you a part number

Cheers Glenn
          2003 NP 3.2 DI-D LWB 5spd-DVD Entertainment unit-Narva 175 blue's-Side Steps-Uniden UHO15SX-Garmin GPS16 and Oziexplorer-ARB On Board air-Polyairs-Airtek Snorkel-Khumo KL78's-Headrest DVD players- Ironman Lift kit- 12000lb winch- Dual Batteries - Redarc isolator-Bushskinz intercooler guard.

Comment

• ceasar M
            • Feb 2008
            • Sydney NSW

I have also installed a that kind of radio ,bought the ISO adaptor at auto barn for Magna and their the same as Pajero cannot remember the brand.
            Cheers
            NM 2000 Petrol 3.5 GLS.Safari Snorkel,Dual Battery with Sidewinder Isolator,K&N Air Filter,Kenwood 860G UHF radio,Wildcat extractor,2 Inch Tough Dog Suspension lift,81 Litre Auxiliary Tank,60 Litre Waeco fridge/freezer,Built in TV,7 inch monitor with integrated GPS iGo, Bluetooth DVD, radio, reverse camera, Light force 240 Blitz Driving Lights, BFG 275x70x16 All Terrain tyres.Piranha Battery monitor,Rhino Awning.

Comment

• DiDExceed
              • Jul 2011
              • Kuluin, QLD, Australia

Appo111 is the aerpro part number suits pajero nm on and numerous other mitsubisi's, i bought one today in prep for when my 2din gps/dvb-t/dvd unit arrives from hk.
              Repco should have it in stock. Cost me $12.65 trade, cant remember retail but wasnt much more.

2003 Silver NP DiD Exceed Auto, MMA alloy bullbar, GME TX3440 UHF, 2DIN GPS unit w/ Reverse Camera, DBS w/ RedArc SmartStart w/ overide, 82AH AGM & HD 20A Sockets in rear for WAECO 60LTR, ARB on board Air Compressor, RedArc Remote Head Brake controller, 2" HD/F, SD/R Lovells & OzTech shocks with Firestone Coil-Rites, 265/70R16 Pirelli Scorpion AT's, ProRack Crossbars & Awning

2012 Black ASV50 Toyota Camry Atara SL

2006 Jayco Destiny 16.51-1

Comment

• bigdogswhitebus
                • Jan 2011
                • Tasmania

My JVC KW AVX 846 double din turned up today. Is the APPO111 what I need for my 04 Exceed wire up. I did look at them today at Autobarn but was unsure which one I needed till I took the old HU out.

My factory fold down is also stuffed so I ordered the matching fold down JVC (hasnt arrived yet) Im hoping no new cords are required for that.
                04 np exceed, cooper s/t maxx, arb painted bar, rhino rack, arb 60lt fridge,
                lovells springs hd, bilstein shocks, arb roof tent, motorola gp340 uhf, arb awning, pelican roof case, tigerz recovery gear, smittybilt x20 synthetic winch, arb tray, red arc isolator and brake controller, ironman 40" lightbar, next up water bladder & draws

Comment

• DiDExceed
                  • Jul 2011
                  • Kuluin, QLD, Australia

I beleive so, there are only two and the other one is for old models so it should be the right one

2003 Silver NP DiD Exceed Auto, MMA alloy bullbar, GME TX3440 UHF, 2DIN GPS unit w/ Reverse Camera, DBS w/ RedArc SmartStart w/ overide, 82AH AGM & HD 20A Sockets in rear for WAECO 60LTR, ARB on board Air Compressor, RedArc Remote Head Brake controller, 2" HD/F, SD/R Lovells & OzTech shocks with Firestone Coil-Rites, 265/70R16 Pirelli Scorpion AT's, ProRack Crossbars & Awning

2012 Black ASV50 Toyota Camry Atara SL

2006 Jayco Destiny 16.51-1

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X