• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian Sharpe
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2000
    • Tasmania

NS petrol fuel filter

Hi guys , can anyone confirm if the NS 3.8l has an out of tank inline filter like the NL or does it just have the one in the tank? Thanks
    NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
    NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

The in tank filter of the NL is merely a screen - it filters out boulders and not much else. There is another filter which is in line and that is the fine one. After years of operation, the in-tank one gets cagged up with a solid red mud which seems to be some sediment from the petrol. it is like a sock on the end of the petrol pump. I cleaned mine by bashing it and soaking and washing the assembly about 5 times until it all as tarted to come clean.

I would expect that the NS would have the same arrangement is an in-tank filter on the pump and another external in-line filter further along the fuel line.

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

No it does not have an in line fuel filter. The filter is in tank.

Erad is talking about the older style Pajero ones that were just a sock type arrangement. The NS is a proper filter, see pics below. Item number 6 on the schematic drawing.

To change you have to gain acces through a panel under the middle row of seats under a flap. Check out the on line tech manual linked below under section 13C.

Attached Files
      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• aussieintas
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2013
        • Sorell, Tasmania

Sorry just realised you have a SWB. The access panel is under the carpet directly behind the drivers seat. You have to lift up the carpet between the rear of drivers seat and where there is a step up to the rearcargo section if that makes sense. The carpet is split under the rear seats and fastened together with velcro so easy to just lift up that section.

If you need any further guidance let me know ss the access panel is in the same spot as my NS swb diesel and only changed my in tank filter 6 months ago.
        2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
        88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
        92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
        99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
        95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
        08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2000
          • Tasmania

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
          Sorry just realised you have a SWB. The access panel is under the carpet directly behind the drivers seat. You have to lift up the carpet between the rear of drivers seat and where there is a step up to the rearcargo section if that makes sense. The carpet is split under the rear seats and fastened together with velcro so easy to just lift up that section.

If you need any further guidance let me know ss the access panel is in the same spot as my NS swb diesel and only changed my in tank filter 6 months ago.
          Ok thanks very much for the info much appreciated
          NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
          NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X