• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedwave
    • Jul 2010
    • Dubai

Piston upgrade and extra 57hp

Hello. I created a video explaining how I managed to squeeze an additional 57hp out of the gen 4 petrol 3.8 engine. The video explains the modification journey step by step. I have been a member in this group for a long time and owned my pajero since 2008. Enjoy the video and let me know if you have any questions. There is very little info on performance parts for the pajero and dyno tests. So thought of documenting and sharing it for everyone's benefit. If you like it please subscribe to the video:

Video link:

Modification part list:
    After the upgrades the engine is now technically 3.9L. I am also not affiliated with any of the brand mentioned in the video, its all done through trial and error. Below is a list of parts featured in the video:

Phase 1 Parts:

1. DR15SXC-WC Evo Laser Spark Plugs
    2. MagnaFlow 59905 2.25in High Flow Catalytic Converter
    3. Fox 3 Inch Muffler with cut out
    4. Ebay Australian Headers
    5. AEM 21-2019BF DryFlow Air Filter
    6. AEM 1-4001 Dry Flow Air Filter Wrap
    7. Unichip Q with cut off module

Phase 2 Parts: Piston Upgrade
    (Mitsubishi Part Numbers)
    1. +0.5 Piston: 1110B464
    2. +0.5 Piston Ring: 1110A499

Clearance Between Piston & Cylinder Specs:
    6G75: 0.02 - 0.04MM

Notes: Fuel economy more or less stayed the same after the upgrade and no heating issues even when driving the car hard
    3.9L Engine Upgraded OEM +0.5 Pistons, Ported Cylinder head & intake manifold, AEM Filter, Evo Spark Plugs, Unichip Tuning, Headers, High Flow Cat, Transmission Cooler, Omani Gear Hack to prevent auto shifting
    Dobinson MRR Remote Reservoir Shocks, 2 inch Fender clearance & wide body kit, 17" Method Rims, Geolandar ATS, Extra AC Fan, LED Lights, Bush Skinz front & sump bash plates, custom bumpers, Panel Switch, Dual Battery, Paddle Shifters, Pedal Commander, TPS System, Vlad Traction on/off
  • Doely
    • Feb 2016
    • newcastle

Thanks for the info. I actually saw your video looking for ways to get more power out of my Ns 3.8.
    I was wondering... The headers you have don't seem to have the O2 sensors in the manifold? How did U get around that?
    Thanks for sharing.
    Matt

Comment

• speedwave
      • Jul 2010
      • Dubai

Hey man sorry just saw your comment. It does have an o2 sensor slot in it. The middle east version comes with one of sensor on the header
      3.9L Engine Upgraded OEM +0.5 Pistons, Ported Cylinder head & intake manifold, AEM Filter, Evo Spark Plugs, Unichip Tuning, Headers, High Flow Cat, Transmission Cooler, Omani Gear Hack to prevent auto shifting
      Dobinson MRR Remote Reservoir Shocks, 2 inch Fender clearance & wide body kit, 17" Method Rims, Geolandar ATS, Extra AC Fan, LED Lights, Bush Skinz front & sump bash plates, custom bumpers, Panel Switch, Dual Battery, Paddle Shifters, Pedal Commander, TPS System, Vlad Traction on/off

Comment

• Doely
        • Feb 2016
        • newcastle

Super late reply.... In Australia my 3.8 mivec has 3 O2 sensors and 3 cats!!!! Wondering how your paj is holding up with all the mods and off road you have done.
        Cheers,
        Doely
        Last edited by Doely; 26-12-22, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X