Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Picked up a NS 2008 Pajero Gen 4 :- Need advice on some proactive must do maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironrock
    • Mar 2019
    • India

Gentlemen on a highway run recently i lost power and came to a halt.
    After this i restarted the vehicle and all was fine, i disconnected and reconnected the battery and engine check light also went off.
    I have a suspicion that the battery terminal wasnt tightened fully(as it was recently changed) and i did it later.

After this have driven over 1000kms and didnt face this error again. Any thoughts on what might have caused this ? Also did a torque scan and here is what it returned ..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ironrock; 30-01-20, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• crispus
      • Oct 2018
      • Romania

The errors seems to be related to the AT gearbox:

The whole manual can be found here: http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/pajero...7/index_M1.htm
      Disclaimer: I'm no mechanic, just a car enthusiast...

Comment

• ironrock
        • Mar 2019
        • India

Thanks seems like the battery terminals were slightly loose, i tightened them.
        Havent seen this occuring again for over 2000kms now..

Comment

• ironrock
          • Mar 2019
          • India

Hi guys been searching the forum for last hr or so, have a problem at hand..
          Mine is a gen 4 Pajero ns AT

I had a problem with the alternator belt twisting and I was trying to fix that by losening it up and trying to sort the belt

I put it all back in and now when I start the vehicle the vehicle starts fine as normal.

But the gear lever is stuck in p position and refuses to budge, I brake lights are working fine and I am.pressing the brakes hard trying to push the lever to reverse or some other slot but it isn't budging. I have also checked the fuses near the battery and that looked fine.

Any hints tips or thread to figure out, usually at gear boxes have a shift lock that can be manually reset I don't see that on the outside of the gen 4 Pajero gear console.

Request ur urgent thoughts

Comment

• Alben
            • Jul 2010
            • Victoria

Is the car parked on a slope at all? Can you maybe rock it back and forth a little?
            Cheers
            Ben
            2007 Pajero NS VRX - DID, Manual, Cool Silver, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ARB Aluminium Rack, Awning, Bushskinz, Bilstein & Lovells HD, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, ARB Air Compressor, Lightforce XGTs, GME UHF, Cooper AT3, TPMS and Scan Gauge.

1996 Triton MJ Luxury Double Cab - 4d56T 2.5TD Manual, Snorkel, Canopy & Roof Rack, Side Step/Sliders, Bullbar, IPF Driving Lights, Mickey T MTZ's, GME UHF, Custom Roof Console, Spot Light, Pioneer Head Unit & Speakers, Piranha Dual Battery, Rear Drawers

Comment

• ironrock
              • Mar 2019
              • India

Originally posted by Alben View Post
              Is the car parked on a slope at all? Can you maybe rock it back and forth a little?
              Cheers
              Ben
              Not really a slope but after some hrs spent realised the black fibre component inside the shifter is broken I removed the shifter and manually pressed it and it works. The part is 2410A013

Meanwhile the belt which had twisted up on the alternator , the root cause seems to be the crankshaft pulley , I cud manually move the crankshaft pulley in and out - not sure what caused this - will appreciate ideas, I haven't opened up the radiator yet but now I need to replace the crankshaft pulley. Do I need to consider anything else , will of course replace both alternator belts

Comment

• benckj
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2017
                • Alexandra , New Zealand

The only reason crank pulley can be woobly is if center bolt came loose. This bolt has to be torqued a specific way as it is a known fail point. I think it also has a limited life and can only be tightened up twice. Hopefully it hasn’t damaged the crank threads or is broken.

Comment

• ironrock
                  • Mar 2019
                  • India

Originally posted by benckj View Post
                  The only reason crank pulley can be woobly is if center bolt came loose. This bolt has to be torqued a specific way as it is a known fail point. I think it also has a limited life and can only be tightened up twice. Hopefully it hasn’t damaged the crank threads or is broken.
                  Thanks mate, the issue wasn't the bolt(thankfully) but the crankshaft pulley itself the rubber damper has weakened and broken , so I replaced the entire pulley and its all back to normal, I heard this is a common issue with Pajero AT one's especially run over a lakh kms, mine is 1.2 lakh.

On the topic of the bolt there was a recall and newer type bolt is what inwas told which solves the bolt issue. Mine is already the newer design and both the bolt and washer looked fine

Comment

• Seigried
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2016
                    • brisbane

By lakh do you mean 100'000?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• ironrock
                      • Mar 2019
                      • India

Originally posted by Seigried View Post
                      By lakh do you mean 100'000?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                      Yes sorry mate meant 100,000 kms,mine is currently at 120k kms

Comment

• ironrock
                        • Mar 2019
                        • India

Hi Guys i am having a freakish problem, the vehicle abrubtly shuts down some time - randomly with no error code on the obd scan - when i switch off ignition and restart it behaves normal.

Yesterday i did a 150 kms drive i had no issue whatsoever - but sometimes even on a 5 km drive it shuts down and then i have restart the vehicle - any idea what could be causing this.

The only commonality i could find was a high ambient temperature outside over 42 degrees centigrade - but lack of a proper code is not helping me with the diagnosis.

My vehicle is remapped too - but its remapped for over an year now and this problem i have only noticed last 3 months - only happened 3 times till date. Any idea how i could diagnose this.

Comment

• Larppanen
                          • Feb 2020
                          • Finland

SCV maybe? Or would it cause some cut-outs first than complete shutdown..
                          Pajero 2010 3.2TD 147kW Automatic

Comment

• crispus
                            • Oct 2018
                            • Romania

Originally posted by ironrock View Post
                            My vehicle is remapped too - but its remapped for over an year now and this problem i have only noticed last 3 months - only happened 3 times till date. Any idea how i could diagnose this.
                            I have this exact issue: I could disconnect most sensors and have no error code nor engine light although on there should've been...
                            The conclusion is that when the previous owner did the DPF delete, it was brutally done and deleted all the DTC table...

I suspect that your remap/etc was done in the same way... I already scheduled a ECU reprogramming with the original software in order to have access to the engine errors...
                            Last edited by crispus; 08-09-20, 02:38 AM.
                            Disclaimer: I'm no mechanic, just a car enthusiast...

Comment

• ironrock
                              • Mar 2019
                              • India

Originally posted by crispus View Post
                              I have this exact issue: I could disconnect most sensors and have no error code nor engine light although on there should've been...
                              The conclusion is that when the previous owner did the DPF delete, it was brutally done and deleted all the DTC table...

I suspect that your remap/etc was done in the same way... I already scheduled a ECU reprogramming with the original software in order to have access to the engine errors...
                              Well the version here didn't even have dpf so is that possible ? I do get the other error for genuine reason like the stop light one when the rear brake light fused..

Also regarding scv I am not sure I don't have any surge or rpm fluctuation.

One other thing I am noticed is on cold starts, on pressing the accelerator during initial km or so I hear a squeaky sound like a brake pad is scratching the disc...this however doesn't come while coasting but comes when accelerator is pressed that too mostly for a km or so after that no sound ...

Strange stuff

Comment

• Larppanen
                                • Feb 2020
                                • Finland

^ Squeaky sound is coming from alternator or ac belt, I bet. Tighten those up and sound will be gone. I noticed same thing, once belts warm up the sound disappears.
                                Pajero 2010 3.2TD 147kW Automatic

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X