• Show
Clear All
  • NTX
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2010
    • Niddrie, Melbourne.

NT front hood seal

G'day fellow lockdowners,

I recently removed my bonnet protector to perform a cutback and polish on my Paj. I also removed the rubber seal that seats together with the bonnet protector. It was fitted really poorly by the dealer from delivery. I remember watching a couple of the dealer mechanics battling with it. I thought to myself what the hell is the problem as I had fitted them myself to previous vehicles. When I later removed the bonnet protector for cleaning I understood what the issue is! Well that seal is now pretty much buggered and won't attach to the lugs as the holes in the rubber are worn. Any tips on replacements other then the obvious OEM which I guess will be highly overpriced. I only spotted on on Amazon for $47, but won't get it till June.
    Thanks in advance,

Matt
    2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Genuine part number is 5902A017 and available on Partsouq.com and Amayama.com but are relatively expensive.

Cheapest would be off a wrecker or perhaps try Clarke Rubber or similar if they have rubber with similar profile.
    Last edited by aussieintas; 13-05-20, 06:08 AM.
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• NTX
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2010
      • Niddrie, Melbourne.

You're a legend mate, thank you!

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
      Genuine part number is 5902A017 and available on Partsouq.com and Amayama.com but are relatively expensive.

Cheapest would be off a wrecker or perhaps try Clarck Rubber or similar if they have rubber with similar profile.
      2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X