Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 19-08-18

Default Lighting behind mirror controls

I find it amazing that when my drivving lights are on, there is no light behind the exterior mirror controls on the dashboard to the right of the sterring wheel when every other control switches have background lighting. I was advised this is standard on the NX GLS model - does the higher spec'd Exceed have such lighting? Or is there a way to get this set of controls lit?
Old 19-08-18

Do you have lights where the door lock button and window up/downs are?
Old 19-08-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Al View Post
I find it amazing that when my drivving lights are on, there is no light behind the exterior mirror controls on the dashboard to the right of the sterring wheel when every other control switches have background lighting. I was advised this is standard on the NX GLS model - does the higher spec'd Exceed have such lighting? Or is there a way to get this set of controls lit?

Wondering why that is a concern?
Old 19-08-18
Valued Member

This was one of the gripes I listed when MMAL asked for a survey feedback on the new purchase. I'd like the light to find the mirror extension/retraction switch. Same with the window controls. There is only a lit bar on the drivers window control. I really find it hard to accept that these controls can't be lit in this day and age. My 13yo Golf has everything lit even all the controls on the steering wheel and it wasn't an optional extra either.

It's the little things like this that may save the manufacturer pennies per unit but I swear they're losing buckets of unit sales. Very hard to quantify any such loss though.
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
Old 19-08-18
Valued Member

No light on the mirror controls on my NX GLS MY16.

I agree it is annoying.
Old 19-08-18

There's no light behind my mirror controls, MY15 Exceed. Nor were there any on my last car, 2007 Navara ST-X. I've often wondered why. On the Navara, there was no place to retro-fit a light either.
Old 19-08-18
Valued Member

Yes a large oversight IMHO.
Often at night I get back to the car and need to press the 'unfold' button.
Bloody stupid the controls are not lit.
I wonder if the design lends itself to putting bulb/s behind there or is the whole thing 'opaque' and not capable of being backlit?
MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.
Old 20-08-18
Valued Member

No gen4 paj (ns nt nw or nx) in any model has backlight mirror button.......and defo a bad oversight.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 22-08-18

Hi,
I put one of those small self adhesive cupboard door bumps just above the switch. The bump is about 5mm dia. and 2mm high. Makes it a little bit easier to find the switch in the dark. Very handy in underground car parks.
Old 22-08-18
Valued Member

No current or recent Mitsubishi came with lit mirror controls. I believe older gen Pajeros did come with them but they were troublesome with lots of failures.

I don't often touch the mirror controls except when reverse parallel parking (to lower the left one) or to fold it in when pulling into a tight spot. All other times, I use the remote to fold it in and out.