Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 17-05-13
Valued Member

Default Underbody Protection

I had a situation recently that made me appreciate how adding a bash plate for my automatic transmission might be a very good idea. Can anyone opine on whether also adding a separate bash plate for the transfer case is equally as important, or is that somewhat more optional? Seems to me the transfer case is slightly more off to the side and hence perhaps a bit less exposed.

Just trying to find the right balance of protection, weight and cost.

Incidentally, being UK based, I couldn't buy the Bush Skinz plates and instead bought an ASFIR plate for my intercooler/sump protection. It's very good - 6mm ballistic grade aluminium and was easy to fit.
Old 18-05-13

Hi Kiwi1973,
I have the bushskinz intercooler, sump, trans and transfer case guards. I have crushed my intercooler when it only had the factory guard and my mate has ripped the wires off of the trans / transfer case on his NT. If you are going to do the trans may as well do the transfer case as well. The additional weight of the transfer case guard is minimal if you have done the rest. Just my thoughts.
ARB Deluxe bar, 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 2 inch lift Old Man Emu Suspension, Poly Airs, Dual batteries, Cooper AT3's,UHF, Home made drawers, Engel 40ltr Fridge and slide, Bush skinz underbody protection, extended breathers, 3 inch exhaust, Windcheeter roof rack, Roof top tent, 81ltr Long Range Automotive tank.