Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 22-08-18
Valued Member

Default Underbody Protection - Factory Mounts in Pajero

Did a search on the forum via the Search and via Google too

Found this thread saying factory mounts on the Challenger have issues with aftermarket underbody protection

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...factory+mounts

Anybody had cracked factory mounts on the standard Pajero after installing them?
Old 22-08-18

I have the boo plate ones.
They fit fine but tend to start squeaking after a bit. Soon I'm gonna take them off and put some rubber between the plate and the car to give it some flex and hopefully avoid squeaking.
Old 22-08-18

I'm glad you asked this. I am planning on putting some on too and just last night I discovered the cracked mount risk. Have you had that problem, or are you just weary of it? I'll be watching this thread with interest.
2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper guard. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Maxxis AT980. Couple of CB radios. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ASFIR hidden winch mount with Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel
Old 22-08-18
Valued Member

What's the alternative, not putting them on? Then you're at great risk of cracking something expensive and critical to ensuring continued forward motion.

The intercooler is in the prime firing line and I wouldn't expect the factory plate (which I think is plastic IIRC) to offer any protection.

I've got the full set of Bushskinz and haven't cracked anything. I have however knocked one of the welded captive nuts free trying to plough through sand. Easily replaced with a Nutsert.
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
Old 22-08-18
Administrator

Gen 4 Pajero's have a monocoque construction and not a full chassis so they do not suffer from chassis flex therefore are less likely to crack bash plate mounts. However as others have said the welded captive nuts do break especially if rattle guns are used and the bolts are rusty. Steel Rivnut repairs seem to work and last well.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .