X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BOGWHEEL
    • Oct 2019
    • IPSWICH

Yes MY11 model. Didn't get the fix done.
    Wanted another but couldn't justify $61k. Pajero was a bargain price no brainer. The difference will more than pay for the fuel on our next big trip.
    After nearly nine years end of exhaust pipe was soot free. Pajero after 2000km is black as.

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by BOGWHEEL View Post
      Wanted another but couldn't justify $61k. Pajero was a bargain price no brainer. The difference will more than pay for the fuel on our next big trip.
      After nearly nine years end of exhaust pipe was soot free. Pajero after 2000km is black as.
      So your Amarok was MY11 with the factory emissions defeat software? There was no soot in the exhaust pipe because it was busy emitting NOx instead. Disable the EGR on your Pajero and the soot will reduce remarkably.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Jasonmc73
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2019
        • Brisbane

Originally posted by BOGWHEEL View Post
        EGR valves are evil
        DPF's also evil .
        From memory Amarok runs ADD blue? Is it ADD blue only or + DPF? I think it now has both?
        I sell machinery with ADD blue, seems to give so far ZERO trouble, but wouldn't be looking forward to having both systems!! Ouch..........

If it was me, I would lock up the torque convertor via example MM4x4 Automate as well if towing, seems a fact it'll use less fuel.

& as you say easy to loose sight of the cost of life if you only concentrated on fuel usage aye. IF Pajero GLX model The $15,000ish you saved in start up costs & the reports on reliability of Pajero's with older technology sort of negates the fuel use arguement.

Guesstamate At $1.60 per litre over 10 years you should be able to buy 937 litres extra diesel per year to reach same start up costs & I have no idea of Amarok service requirements & costs?

Just on fuel useage break even, if you had of brought Amarok at about 300'000k's travelled working on extra 3 litres per 100 that is.

+ ADD blue is $1.00 per litre.
        Last edited by Jasonmc73; 29-12-19, 08:07 PM.
        Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2019
          • Victoria

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post
          EGR valves are evil
          DPF's also evil .

DISAGREE. DPF and EGR work well on MQ Triton. None of the problems associated with Pajero or ML Triton.

MQ was designed with EGR and DPF in mind, with the PAJ & ML its a bodged up system to drag an out of date design into the 2010s.

In saying that, the DPF on Pajero appears to function "OK", its just the fact that inlet manifolds are still blocking up with soot is the bigger concern, which has been around for all of the 3.2s life
          2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• Jasonmc73
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2019
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by DibbyDibbyDJ View Post
            DISAGREE. DPF and EGR work well on MQ Triton. None of the problems associated with Pajero or ML Triton.

MQ was designed with EGR and DPF in mind, with the PAJ & ML its a bodged up system to drag an out of date design into the 2010s.

In saying that, the DPF on Pajero appears to function "OK", its just the fact that inlet manifolds are still blocking up with soot is the bigger concern, which has been around for all of the 3.2s life
            Yeah cool, glad you like them, DPF & EGR, PCV's, soon we'll be able to add ADD blue to the equation, even better news

I'm not convinced though that it is only Pajero that soots up intake manifold either via EGR & PCV valves.
            Navara I had certainly suffered same fate.

Crankcase breather emitting oil/ vapour, gathering pace as blowby increases with age into manifold with EGR adding exhaust, not my favourite idea.
            DPF again not my favourite idea. personally that is & everyone is different.

Just an opinion, I like the old saying, K.I.S.S. Meaning "keep it simple stupid".

If I had a choice i'm taking the less bits/ no emissions ever day of the week, those bits add complexity = EVIL parts for me that is.

But as we know soon I don't have the choice & just have to accept the way it is.
            Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X