Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 24-02-19

Default NW Bluetooth Music Stream Success

Hi Folks,

Just a quick heads up for anyone who is still wanting to stream music to their MMCS (v1)Ö. from smart phone, and doesn't want to shell out for a new head unit etc...

after a couple of failed attempts to plug into the factory ipod cable in the glove box, I read a thread on here about Bluetooth recievers and went looking for an affordable one.

I took a chance on an unknown brand and item in a : 'Comsol BT-01-R' from office works of all places. ($49.95 )Ö which plugs into the Video/Audio plugs in the glove box. Pairing was simple with iPhone and spotify worked instantly with great sound quality. Volume control is via steering wheel controls but track selection needs to be made via the phone (which sits in a cradle next to MMCS anyway)
I could have taken a chance online i'm sure and picked one up at half the cost but this was simple and thankfully works a charm first go.

the unit itself is nice and small, approx. 45mmx33x8.... its rechargeable via a supplied USB cable and will last approx. 10 hours on constant play.

as stated above the syStem it's plugged into is : V1 MMCS, its a 2012 NW Avtiv with the factory Ipod cable and audio/video connections in the glovebox.

hopefully this is helpful for any fellow members frustrated with the limitations of the factory head unit .I have no affiliation with the above brand, nor any with officeworks.

cheers,

Pug
Old 09-04-19

Hi Pug took your advice and grabbed a Comsol BT-01-R but could not work out how to plug it in. On my MW there is no audio jack only a USB in the glove box. Are you able to guide me? Regards AK
Old 04-06-19

Hi Ashley,
my apologies for the very late reply.... I don't get on here very often.
to answer your question however,.... as per my original post... the receiver was bought specifically because my fathers vehicle has the factory fitted MMCs head unit and connectors in the glove box I mentioned.
i'm sorry so say that I have no idea how you'd connect to yours..... I hope in this time you've found a solution.

best regards

Pug
Old 04-06-19
Valued Member

My 2013 (MY 2014) has a USB in the glove box which works well for an iPod through the MMCS. And the phone also streams through MMCS via Bluetooth exceptionally well. What year is your NW?
NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.
Old 05-06-19

I used a BT Transmitter plugged into the rear of the MMCS unit using the iPod cable. The cable is the original iPod cable sold from MM, and the advantage here is that alll controls related to the music work off the controls on the MMCS unit, as well as those on the steering. The phone can happily remain tucked away in your pocket, if you choose.

Mine is the NT Version, just in case.
Old 05-06-19

To
bennyb29

What adapter are you using ?
Old 05-06-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bosman View Post
To
bennyb29

What adapter are you using ?

Hey mate, this is the device i use, called Tune2Air.

Link

I bought both the BT device, as well as ipod cable off a fellow member who was moving on from his Pajero.
Old 05-06-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb29 View Post
Hey mate, this is the device i use, called Tune2Air.

Link

I bought both the BT device, as well as ipod cable off a fellow member who was moving on from his Pajero.
thanks for the info, mate... so obviously the cable powers this bluetooth unit no worries?

i had heard that the cable doesn't charge ipods?
Old 05-06-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by paceman View Post
thanks for the info, mate... so obviously the cable powers this bluetooth unit no worries?

i had heard that the cable doesn't charge ipods?
Indeed, and thats the beauty of it! The BT unit sits tucked behind the airvents beside the MMCS. Trust me, this is about as OEM as it comes, with minimal costs as far as i am concerned.

Anything you play on your phone can be transmitted using the BT module and the OEM speakers, be it Spotify, Youtube, etc. You can also navigate across songs in Spotify using the steering controls. How good is that?!

I got a good deal as the previous member was selling it off, having used this on his Pajero for some time. In March, its been 2 years since i installed this, and extremely pleased with it.
Old 05-06-19

Default NW Bluetooth Music Stream Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb29 View Post
Indeed, and thats the beauty of it! The BT unit sits tucked behind the airvents beside the MMCS. Trust me, this is about as OEM as it comes, with minimal costs as far as i am concerned.

Anything you play on your phone can be transmitted using the BT module and the OEM speakers, be it Spotify, Youtube, etc. You can also navigate across songs in Spotify using the steering controls. How good is that?!

I got a good deal as the previous member was selling it off, having used this on his Pajero for some time. In March, its been 2 years since i installed this, and extremely pleased with it.

Awesome... thanks for the detailed response...

You donít happen to have the iPod cable part number? Just to be certain...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk