Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Mitsubishi News

Mitsubishi News Whats happening in the world of Mitsubishi.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-05-15

Default recall and adjust tappett/valve

never received any written detail of replacement part from Maitland dealer with the tensioner, as well as noticing all the FM stations on the radio were now tuned to headbanger stations , the indicated fuel economy on the litres/100k is now ratshit . On startup on sunday night it indicated 35 litres /100 k and was only idling, on the highway cant get it back down to below 13 litres
Old 06-05-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goog1948 View Post
never received any written detail of replacement part from Maitland dealer with the tensioner, as well as noticing all the FM stations on the radio were now tuned to headbanger stations , the indicated fuel economy on the litres/100k is now ratshit . On startup on sunday night it indicated 35 litres /100 k and was only idling, on the highway cant get it back down to below 13 litres
apprentice
Old 06-05-15

My wife dropped in ours today at Newcastle for the recall and it seems it was in pretty poor shape inside. She was told it was by far the worst case they had seen and it could be a 14 hour job to fix – the engine may need to come out of the car! She was given a loan car and when she was about to leave she saw a note on the car saying "Don't drive me, you may die!" and a sad smiley face drawn below. So it looks like an extended stay for our PJ. Can't fault Klosters at Newcastle so far but I'll be interested to see how much the recall covers and if there is any extra charge.

Last edited by Dev74; 06-05-15 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Forgot about the rules of naming and shaming ;)
Old 07-05-15

Default Tensioner recall

I had the Pajero in today at Tuggerah for the recall , they have replaced the tensioner, only have 47000kms on it, they tell me that it was within the tolerances but replaced anyway. The replacement took about 1 hour, so all up happy with the outcome.
Old 12-05-15

Had the Paj into a mitsubishi dealer for the 75k service and to get a few other things looks at. Normally take it somewhere else.
They changed the tensioner no questions asked without saying too much else. By the sounds of it they will look to do everyones to avoid a more expensive fix down the track.
Old 14-05-15

Rang local Service centre to book mine in today only to be told that it had already been done by the previous owner in Feb (needless to say I feel relieved)
Old 25-05-15

I have the Pajero back from the recall. The dealership had it for a week as they said the motor may need to be removed to fix the job. They said it would be about 14 hours work. Within a couple of days of driving I now have the battery light appearing on the dash and it seems that the alternator is overcharging the battery and blowing the hazard fuse repeatedly. It's a little too coincidental for me as I assume the dealership would have to remove the alternator to remedy the issue. I noticed I also have a brand new radiator as well. I live over 50km from the dealership and they have told me to tow the car in (at my expense) and they will decide if it will be covered under warranty.
Old 25-05-15
Valued Member

Why oh why are there so many bad reports from the recall? Are dealers really this bad at basic things?
Old 25-05-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev74 View Post
I have the Pajero back from the recall. The dealership had it for a week as they said the motor may need to be removed to fix the job. They said it would be about 14 hours work. Within a couple of days of driving I now have the battery light appearing on the dash and it seems that the alternator is overcharging the battery and blowing the hazard fuse repeatedly. It's a little too coincidental for me as I assume the dealership would have to remove the alternator to remedy the issue. I noticed I also have a brand new radiator as well. I live over 50km from the dealership and they have told me to tow the car in (at my expense) and they will decide if it will be covered under warranty.
Are the indicators not working as well ?

May be worth checking this thread

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=6681

Edit: Actually check to make sure the Hazard fuse is the correct amperage...it is the one that usually sets off the High Alt output

NOW - 2016 MQ Triton Exceed - All the TJM fruit re barwork and suspension, TJM canopy, twin diff locks OEM rear and Harrop front, breathers, rhinorack, eco foxwing
Old 25-05-15

Yep, I saw that thread after posting. Usually things like this happen when there is a lot of extra electronic stuff added to the car. Police cars have this issue quite a lot. I had a call a couple of hours later this morning from the service manager and he has told me to get a local auto electrician to see if there may be an earthing issue somewhere and, if it's simple to fix, they will cover the bill. So that is at least a step in the right direction.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: