Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 20-08-13
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

If you have rust protection shouldn't the provider of that warranted product be offering the rectification of problem areas as their product didn't work as sold?
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/
Old 21-08-13

Photo of the rust markings on drivers door. Slightly more than on the passenger side door.

Can't work out how to put more than 1 photo on a post on the iPhone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (198.3 KB, 191 views)
Old 21-08-13
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

http://www.ecclesautoservice.ca/do-e...ctors-work.php
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/
Old 23-08-13
Valued Member

Yep. Electronic rust protection is snake oil. Complete waste of money.

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto
Old 11-09-13

MMCA replaced all four doors on my NT you just have to follow their bouncing ball and jump through their hoops. The hot fix did not work so the vechicle went back and after assessment repaired including the paint blend however that was a another battle. Just remember to stay cool and if all else fails there are state agencies like fair trading who can assist
Old 11-09-13
Valued Member

Smile No rust at all

Hi I had my vehicle checked for the hotfix, the service manager did it in front of me - no problems whatsoever 3/2010 NT. Lucky for me, MH
Old 05-05-14

Default Second round of rust

I have been having fun with MMAL and smash repairers. I have had rust reappear in my doors and it seems we're at a stalemate as Mitsubishi have already paid for the rust to be fixed and they will only do that once and the smash repairer says they don't warrant rust repairs. My dealership has been helpful but say the onus lies with the smash repairer to fix what they didn't fix properly in the first place. I was under the impression if something fails under warranty it should be covered no matter how many times it fails inside the warranted period. My main concern is that if I get another patch job on the door the rust will come back again seeing it reappeared inside a year of getting it fixed in the first place. I'm going to get in touch with the Office of Fair Trading and see where I stand but thought if anyone else out there has had the same thing happen more than once, what was the outcome for them?

Cheers,
Dan
Old 05-05-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev74 View Post
I have been having fun with MMAL and smash repairers. I have had rust reappear in my doors and it seems we're at a stalemate as Mitsubishi have already paid for the rust to be fixed and they will only do that once and the smash repairer says they don't warrant rust repairs. My dealership has been helpful but say the onus lies with the smash repairer to fix what they didn't fix properly in the first place. I was under the impression if something fails under warranty it should be covered no matter how many times it fails inside the warranted period. My main concern is that if I get another patch job on the door the rust will come back again seeing it reappeared inside a year of getting it fixed in the first place. I'm going to get in touch with the Office of Fair Trading and see where I stand but thought if anyone else out there has had the same thing happen more than once, what was the outcome for them?

Cheers,
Dan
Outsourcing the job doesn't remove the obligation on MMAL to fix it. Your warranty agreement is with MMAL, not the repairer. They're being lazy.
2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.
Old 19-05-14

Well I just got off the phone with the dealership and they're saying I have buckleys chance of Mitsubishi helping me out. They said the smash repairer isn't coming to the party so I'll have to go and pay for the repairs myself. The smash repairer has washed his hands of the issue and says he won't be helping out. I guess Fair Trading will have to be notified...
Old 19-05-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev74 View Post
Well I just got off the phone with the dealership and they're saying I have buckleys chance of Mitsubishi helping me out. They said the smash repairer isn't coming to the party so I'll have to go and pay for the repairs myself. The smash repairer has washed his hands of the issue and says he won't be helping out. I guess Fair Trading will have to be notified...
Dev74, I feel your pain. I'm currently going through the same thing. In fact I lodged a formal complaint this morning with the QLD Office of Fair Trading regarding the lack of action from MMAL in dealing with the rust issue post “fix”. I also highlighted the inconsistencies in the way that MMAL deals with their customers.
2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.