Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 30-11-09

Default Paint Codes

Can anyone help with a definitive explanation of Pajero paint codes.

I thought it would be straight forward to repaint a gouge mark on my rear bumper courtesy of a stray barbed wire fence.

However, I went to Supercheap and Autobarn looking for some touch up paint. Under the bonnet on the drivers side on the compliance plate there is a field that says "Paint " and next it to it is a CZ embossed into the metal plate. Neither Holt's or Powerplus books have any similar code for a white 2006 NP Pajero. Using trusty google I was able to identify from a site that CZ/W09 was Sophia White. I went back to Autobarn with this info as they told me they could mix any paint if I got the right code, but no, they now tell me that all late model cars come in "two pack" and they can't mix it.

I wouldn't have thought that the bumper was painted with a base coat and then a gloss finish.

Any help???
Old 30-11-09
Valued Member

You could try a spray painter, he should have its code on computer for matching it.

I got a touch up bottle from Mitsubishi, My paint code was for the Gun metal colour and even my VIN was for this colour.... I have a Silver car
MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.
Old 30-11-09

I had a cracked bumper bar and got a mob called chips away to fix it up, I think for chips or scratches they charge about $50 and you would never know it had been repaired, saves trying to paint it yourself, especially at that price. I really didn't believe they would be able to match the silver without it showing up but it is amazing what they can do.
Old 30-11-09
"valued 3000+ member"

head down to super cheap and grap the paint with the code pj2160, should be Sophia White

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch