Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > It's all about 'Fishing'

It's all about 'Fishing' Let's have a look at your catch and boat!

Old 08-07-18

Default Moreton Island

Hi all,

Heading to Moreton Island for the first time this September and wondering what might be on offer for land based fishos that time of the year.

Any info on rigs, baits and spots greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Wes
2014 Auto PC Challenger with TJM Bullbar, HID converted IPFs, Uniden UHF, ARB Roof Rack with Kings Awning & LED, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 Copper ST Maxxs, 80AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco. Custom rear drawer system, 1/2 cargo barrier and tilt fridge slide. HR Towbar, Ultimate Suspension, Brown Davis LR tank, Piranha Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, SPV EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip

Next mods - Lockup Mate, LED Light Bar
Old 08-07-18
Valued Member

Not much help unfortunately but there will more than likely be a difference on whether you are ocean side or bay side.

September is Tailor time up on Fraser so maybe you'll still get them heading north along Moreton.

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
Old 08-07-18
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

only been there once nearly 10 years - Tailor Bight was the recommended fishing spot by the Bulwer shops, calm side and ocean side meet. We caught flathead/bream/whiting there
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/
Old 10-07-18

Thanks guys.

Alex, I think you're on the money there, East coast looks good for Tailor that time of the year.

Josh, Tailor Bight comes up good as a Whiting spot, as does Reeders Point at the South end. Interesting as you point out, both of these would be where the calm and ocean sides meet.

I'll post some pics if I have any luck.

Cheers
Wes
2014 Auto PC Challenger with TJM Bullbar, HID converted IPFs, Uniden UHF, ARB Roof Rack with Kings Awning & LED, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 Copper ST Maxxs, 80AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco. Custom rear drawer system, 1/2 cargo barrier and tilt fridge slide. HR Towbar, Ultimate Suspension, Brown Davis LR tank, Piranha Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, SPV EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip

Next mods - Lockup Mate, LED Light Bar
Old 10-07-18
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

The Bight had a sand bar to use, beach to sandbar was were the flathead were, long cast to the ocean over the sand was the whiting and bream
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/
Old 10-07-18
Valued Member

Can't offer any fishing advice. Love to eat them but they must know that, they never seem to end up on my line.

Moreton Island is fantastic though, been 18years since I've been there . Pretty sure you'll love it.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 10-07-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craka View Post
Love to eat them but they must know that, they never seem to end up on my line.
I don't like eating them. By your logic I should catch plenty..... but I don't

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
Old 11-07-18

I've been up at North Point on a few surfing trips and always caught fish off the rocks near where surfers enter the water. Good luck if you are up that way.