Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 26-09-16

Default New ARB fuel tank

Hi just thought id share went to ARB Mandurah and inquired about when the frontier replacement long range tank will be available, upon looking it up the salesman told me it has a part number attached to it but no release date he said i could pre order one which i did so when it comes available i will be notified no price information was available however he did tell me i was the 4th person to pre order one and the more interest the quicker things happen.
so if you are interested in the replacement 144ltr tank register an interest so they may speed up the process
cheers Marty
Old 26-09-16

A few months ago I was told end of November. That had pushed out from end August which had pushed out from last year. Want one but DHYB fo the date.
Old 26-09-16

I agree Mundy55 i am after one before mid next year as heading bush looking for gold and would rather take extra water jerrys than diesel.
I dont want an aux tank if i can help it so cmon ARB get your s--- together and release it.
Old 26-09-16

For what Pajero model ?

PJ_Sport101
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27-09-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearly there View Post
........i am after one before mid next year as heading bush looking for gold and would rather take extra water jerrys than diesel.
I dont want an aux tank if i can help it.......
Like you I didn't want the auxiliary tank, the installation of which has costly flow on affects. I towed a camper across the Tanami earlier this year and took an extra 40L of diesel - topped up at Tillmouth Wells on the way in but still not enough and had to head into Balgo. Dreadful road in, depressingly awful location.

I am intrigued as to how they will fit in the purported 147L tank without losing clearance as there's not much room under the vehicle. I live in hope.
Old 27-09-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundy55 View Post
Like you I didn't want the auxiliary tank, the installation of which has costly flow on affects.
As Pauline would say, please explain.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 27-09-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Sport101 View Post
For what Pajero model ?
NM - NX (diesel only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
Guess he means upgraded suspension due to weight behind rear axle?
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 27-09-16

Just called arb in vic apparently it is in the drawing stage only
Old 28-09-16

Sounds like every ARB are telling different stories lets hope it shows up soon at least prior to middle next year anyway, i suppose the more people ask the old supply and demand system might work
Old 28-09-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
If you have an auxilliary tank, you lose clearance and departure angle and have additional weight behind the rear axle. This means you need a lift with stronger springs. Can't really just do a lift at the rear so need one on front. A lift on an independent suspension vehicle can cause bigger loads on cv joints and cardan joints, at least sufficient to create a major argument with the dealer if they fail in warranty period.