Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 11-08-15
Valued Member

Default Protective film for paint

Have got a Jack Russell dog that loves the car. I have a protective dog canvas in the rear seats so the interiors all safe. HOWEVER...when I open the rear door to let her in she immediately wants to jump up..hence she is going to scratch shit out of the lower guard arch. Has anyone had success with protective clear film on areas such as this to keep scratches to a minimum?

If so..what brand of tape did you use?

cheers

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more..
Old 11-08-15
Unregistered as asked

Dicko being a bike man you should know ?
Factory Effexs or 3m brand put out a product called clear skin. About a mm thick and you can cut to shape and if you put on with a hair dryer can wrap it around curves with no bubbles. Once one and in sun for a few days you wouldn't even know it was there. Have had it on tanks for years and doesn't yellow or peel comes in A5 sheets from memory.
I used it on all my bike tanks for knee areas and also under grabrails etc so rings didn't bite the ducktail
Oh .................... and clip her nails
Old 11-08-15
Valued Member

Righto..will try and get some. Never used it. My fatboys 8 years old and like new...Got all the bling and then some. The front and rear guard tips have a couple of small chips but cant get guard trims for this model fatboy...bugger. Will do a google search and get some.

Thanks for that

Old 11-08-15
Unregistered as asked

Yes had Hayabusas and used it on nose of painted front guard and also lower fairing panel area that copped stones from front wheel. Areas over rear side covers where pillions boots rubbed.
Good gear
Old 11-08-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogger View Post
Yes had Hayabusas and used it on nose of painted front guard and also lower fairing panel area that copped stones from front wheel. Areas over rear side covers where pillions boots rubbed.
Good gear
Missus hasn't been on back since about 20 years ago I scared the bejezzuz out of her on a nice kwaka 6 I had.. My win......That's why I have a fatboy now...Just cruising...

Old 11-08-15
Valued Member

So, where do you buy this stuff Bogger ? Motorbike shops ? There used to be a bloke here who did vinyl welding that sold it but he's long gone.

Cheers

Geoff
03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.
Old 12-08-15
Unregistered as asked

Under Review

Last edited by Bogger; 19-08-15 at 04:06 AM.