• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sub888
    • Oct 2012
    • Barossa Valley

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
    I also use the Silicon spray around the engine bay after reading one of Gus's posts ages ago, makes it much easier to clean. I remember years ago using this stuff on a motorbike seat, I only did it once as the crushed nut syndrome was too much too bear every time I hit the brakes and slid forward on the seat
    Haha, I did the same thing on my quad bike, for a whole weekend it was almost impossible to stay on the seat. Won't ever do that again!

Comment

• Bogger
      Unregistered as asked
      • May 2011

Originally posted by Gus View Post
      OCD! Na I just like being able to see the 1st sign of any leaks..
      It's a credit to you Gus .................... pretty fanatical about mine also. Have to have a second car just to take the dog out ............. oh and do the nasty stuff like salt water

Comment

• Goodsy
        Who ya gunna call....
        • Dec 2010
        • Hervey Bay

Gus yoyr PJ is a show pony.
        .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
        NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Gus
          Administrator
          • Mar 2008
          • Traralgon. Vic

about that Tim Yes it's looked after but it gets well used for what it's made for as you know
          VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
          NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Alex86
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Here and there

Good work keeping it tidy Gus. I'm a bit the same, but mine isn't quite as good.

Unfortunately mine has recently gotten a bit crappier underneath than I normally let it get but slowly chipping away at giving it a good tidy up. I haven't hosed the engine bay off before and doing that scares me (petrol, electrics etc). I normally just get a damp rag and stick my arm into the bay in contorting ways to wipe things clean.

I do it for the same reasons too - I like to be able to spot if something is wrong sooner rather than later. A slight weep of fluid/oil into a dirty area is not going to show up as early compared to that same weep on a clean area.

Even in my workplace I get a bit nutso keeping the machines clean (we clean oil breather spray and other crud off them after each flight anyway) but going that extra mile means it's a lot easier to see if something is amiss, plus the engineers compliment us on having such clean machines and they like working on them.

Despite what people say, I hate cleaning things - I just like having them clean because it's a much nicer feeling hopping into something that is presented well. Plus it's a bit of pride in what you own/operate too. Worked hard for my Paj, I'm going to look after it as best as I can and I want to have it presented well, not looking like some bashed up old bucket!
            '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
            Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• Gus
              Administrator
              • Mar 2008
              • Traralgon. Vic

If it makes you guys feel better I also do this with my wife's petrol XV Subaru just do it with the engine running & any electrics get a good spray wd40 1st & are sprayed around not directly never had any issues..

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Hatto
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2013
                • Mandurah WA

Would spraying the engine bay with WD-40 instead of 808 silicone spray be a problem? Or am I better off getting the 808 silicon spray.

That engine bay looks amazing for a 12 month old car let alone a 12 year old car.
                Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Gus
                  Administrator
                  • Mar 2008
                  • Traralgon. Vic

Hi Hatto, I've used it & others, always go back to 808. Lasts longer & for some reason when hosing off you don't need to much pressure 😎

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Hatto
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2013
                    • Mandurah WA

Oh Righto Gus no worries. Thanks for that I'll swing by SCA on my way home then
                    Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                    ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X