Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 29-09-14

Send a message via Yahoo to peter54smith
Default 96 pajero rust

Hi all just a quick post I have rust around the bottom of the rubber window seal on the rear door its working its way along the seal just wonderd if there is an easy repair for this or an expensive repair in a body shop I think the rear glass would have to be removed any coments greatly accepted best regards from me in welsh wales.
Old 29-09-14
Valued Member

Hi peter
Sorry to say but by the time the rust is visible outside the rubber line it will be beyond an easy repair.
The usual fix is to remove the glass and cut out the affected area and weld in new steel, but even then the chances are rust will return.
On vehicles as old as ours with second hand parts readily available it is usually more cost effective to source another good door as a replacement. You would have to paint the repaired area anyway so a whole door respray isn't that much extra.
Good luck
Tom
PS. Coincidence has it I am in the Glamorgan shire in Tasmania, Australia.

1953 Morris Minor ute
1990 Nissan Scargo van
2008 Mercedes e280 CDI sport
2003 Ford Transit
Old 26-12-14

Send a message via Yahoo to peter54smith

hi there tom sorry for the delay with a reply im still undecided as as to how to proceed with this bloody rust its on the ridge between the window seal right behind the rear tyre I may replace the door but prices in the uk are around 200 uk pounds for a second hand unit problem is mine is a 1996 the replacement would also be around 96 and I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a door possibly in a rusty state full of body filler I got to be honest apart from the chassis that's the only rust I have on the paji best regards to you all down under from the uk