Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 28-07-08

Default Dash squeaks and rattles

My front passenger side air vent (the one that is to the left of the glove box) squeaks and rattles a bit. I've taken the thing off a couple of times to re-seat it but it just comes back.

It seems to be the vent shell which is rubbing on the dash. Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? I was thinking adhesive backed felt tape might work. If only I could find some...

Any other ideas? There are a number of rattles in this thing which are beginning to drive me nuts!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike
Old 28-07-08
Valued Member

Use some stick on velcro dots, the "fluffy" side.

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.
Old 16-08-08

you can buy the foam tape at any hardware store use this
Old 16-08-08
Valued Member

go to Bunnings they have it all.
NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.
Old 16-08-08

I end up getting some felt tape through these guys:

http://www.cling.com.au/Hardware.aspx
Old 17-08-08
Valued Member

Nothing worse than squeeks and rattles. I thought my Paj is bad (which it's not), but my Jeep is shocking!!!!!
Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/
Old 20-08-08
Valued Member

[QUOTE=john_char;24503]Nothing worse than squeeks and rattles. I thought my Paj is bad (which it's not),
Dont have a dash rattle , but I have been chasing a squeek , only when cold in the centre consul, i found it today and fixed it , turned out to be a location pin between the 2 gears sticks on the consul, what a hassle to find. I hate noises
Muzza
2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana
Old 20-08-08

I'm with you Muzza!
Old 02-10-08
Valued Member

,,Easy fix just turn up the radio !!
NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax
Old 02-10-08

...or fit some mud tyres:P