Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Website Feedback

Website Feedback Tell us what you do like and don't like about the forum.

Old 24-07-11
Administrator

Default Controversial threads....no more!

If it is gone well I probably deleted it.
Lately we have been having a run of shall we say posts that are really not relevant to this forum. Topics that are normally found on other forums seem to be making there way here and being in a sense a brand specific forum I don't think we need to have heated discussions on everyday matters in the world. Me and Gus have probably talked more over the last few weeks regarding some threads than we have ever had to in the last year. This forum is one of the better forums for 4 wheel drives, and in saying that it has some fantastic people who really donate the time to make worthy comments and help newbies along with their quiries. Do we need it tainted by threads that are either politically inclined or just someone else posting about their bad day at the office. Plenty of other forums around to post that stuff on and get bites from other members to start arguements.
We have Gold Class, if your inclined to post something out of the ordinary and it could possibly cause a stir well then that is where it can go. At least the public wont see it.
So from now on if me or Gus thinks it is not in this forum spirit with your posts, simply it will be deleted and you will be sent a PM directing you to this post.
On the better side the forum will be doing some things later this year in regard to milestones. Won't say too much at this stage but some interesting things developing.
Dave
Old 24-07-11
Valued Member

Wholly supported from my point guys. It is a pleasure to deal with the members of this forum, but I have noted the odd thread that has crept in that is not in keeping with that spirit.

It would be a sad day if we loose that spirit.

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.
Old 24-07-11

As i'm new to this forum, but belong to a few others and i'm glade you have made this decision. Good job.

Cheers Rob
Old 24-07-11
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrrob View Post
As i'm new to this forum, but belong to a few others and i'm glade you have made this decision. Good job.

Cheers Rob
I fully agree with Rob and support the decision you have made Pickle.

I reviewed several forums before joining this one and I find the quality of support and advice given here is far better than my experience elsewhere.

This forum knows what it is on about and people freely give their time to help others improve the quality of their 4WD experience. I would hate to see that diluted by the intrusion of off topic threads.

Keep up the great work.

John
Old 24-07-11
Valued Member

Thumbs up

This is one of the politest forums on the net I belong to.
More than happy for you two to keep it that way.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Landrover Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL wagon. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.
Old 24-07-11
Valued Member

For a Internet forum the quality and decorum is amazing. Any moves to enhance that get my vote.

Old 24-07-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing View Post
For a Internet forum the quality and decorum is amazing. Any moves to enhance that get my vote.
what he said x2
Old 24-07-11
Administrator

Great to see you guys agree with what Dave & I have decided..
This is a great forum & we will be making sure it stays that way...

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals
Old 24-07-11
Valued Member

Send a message via Skype™ to amr75wcr

I will drink to that as well
04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj
Old 24-07-11
Who ya gunna call....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Great to see you guys agree with what Dave & I have decided..
Gus.
Hold on a minute I've been away all weekend and I didn't agree to anything. You could have at least called.

BTW Great job guys.

Might head over to Overlander to stir the pot.

Last edited by Goodsy; 24-07-11 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Gus told me too.