Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 10-10-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gas55 View Post
My NW originally came with YokoOnos, but changed to Pirelli Scorpion AT's.
Great on the road but have just done a 9,000k. round trip to the NT. towing a 'van and the wear in the rear tyres has just about made them illegal! Probably too soft?
Greg
Have you got standard rear coils ?
If so you might look at airbags in the rear coils for towing a van etc.
I did and get 50,000km plus from tyres towing a medium van.(Firestone hd airbags)
Pajero suspension in stock form is known to be too soft and quickly scrub out tyres when you add towball weight.
IMHO with the bags and a weight distribution hitch your tyres should last and it should tow well (with LT tyres)
Old 24-10-19

Sorry for late reply. At least the tyres were evenly worn.
I put airbags in about 4 years ago, (probably one of the easiest jobs I've done!)
I have a single-axle full 'van which puts about 170kg. on the tow ball.
I usually have 20psi. in the airbags, and 42-44psi. in the rears.
I don't really like WDH's and am currently thinking of getting Rancho 9000 rear shocks which can be adjusted softer or harder.
Only problem could be getting at the adjuster, as it is usually at the bottom of the shockie, but in the Paj would sit inside the independent arm thingy.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Greg
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I've been running hankook rf10s in 265/60r18for the last few years and have done over 95k on them and still a good few 'll before I hit the indicators. I'm guessing another 10k which is mighty impressive. They have just started to become a bit noisy but infant fault them.
I just got a second set of rims and put on Toyo Open Country Mt in 265/70/R17 and can't wait to get them off road. They are mighty aggressive and look awesome. Slightly thirstier and noisier but nothing that you shouldn't expect.