Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Website Feedback

Website Feedback Tell us what you do like and don't like about the forum.

Old 06-07-19
Administrator

Come on guys, the question was asked in Forum feedback and I thought it might be valid, might not have come out the way he wanted but it's worth looking in too.
Old 07-07-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
Come on guys, the question was asked in Forum feedback and I thought it might be valid, might not have come out the way he wanted but it's worth looking in to.

Not according to the members who have replied....

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more..
Old 07-07-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Come on guys, the question was asked in Forum feedback and I thought it might be valid, might not have come out the way he wanted but it's worth looking in to.
I am with Pickle on this one, sure the question could have been phrased better but maybe there is merit in the idea.

The NX is the last of the Gen 4 Pajero's that we know of, but many are hoping for a NY or NZ, however what we hope for and what we get are often 2 completely different things. If the forum is to continue to flourish then it needs to embrace new members and new ideas.

The forum is kindly provided by the Pajero Club of Victoria, and run by volunteers and it is only as good as those who volunteer and those that contribute. I am sure if Ron wanted to join the club he would be welcomed with open arms, after all he does drive a Mitsubishi 4wd, so why should the forum be any different? All he really did was make a suggestion to improve the visibility of the Pajero Sport sub forum.

Change is inevitable, and if we do not change then we get left behind in the modern world. Remember when the sky was going to fall in because the Pajero no longer had a full chassis, and all real 4wds had to have a chassis. I wonder how many Gen 1 and Gen 2 owners mourned the loss of a full chassis. The Gen 3 was launched and then the Gen 4 Pajero, great mid sized 4wds that were civilised to drive around the city but could eat up country miles for hours on end and could still go off the bitumen as a recreational medium duty 4wd. So successful has this genre of vehicle been, that Toyota copied it with the Prado! The Challenger has been know as the Pajero Sport in overseas markets for 10+ years and in some markerts were the Pajero is known as the Montero and the Pajero Sport is know as the Montero Sport. They are just different names for different markets.

The arguement that the Pajero Sport is based on the Challenger so it should share a forum location is floored, as the Challenger is based on the Triton, so should both the Challenger and Pajero Sport be in a Triton sub forum?

The Triton has its own forum listing with very few threads and posts.
The Challenger forum can hold its own in regards to the number of threads, posts and active members.
If it is not too difficult why not have a dedicated forum listing for the Pajero Sport, let's give these owners a chance and see what they contribute. Who knows we might learn something or maybe even end up owning a Pajer Sport one day!

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 07-07-19
Resident

OK, so I'm an old-fashioned, conservative Luddite.

What drives the bulk of the traffic on this forum? I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I suspect it's Pajero - most people coming to this forum are looking for information about the Pajero, and the information available on this forum is overwhelmingly dominated by Pajero. So why would we have anything other than Pajero on the top of the list?

Where should new models go? Top of the list, or bottom?

When a new model is introduced, it has very few owners, attracts very little traffic, so there is some logic in adding it to the end of the list. Why displace all the existing forums that contain so much information and generate the bulk of the traffic, just so we can have something new and shiny on the top of the list? The vast majority of our members don't buy new cars, so new models initially have very little interest to the forum membership, so why should they automatically take pride of place on top of the list? Do we really want to tell our existing membership that they are somehow less important every time a shiny new model is released?

Yes, Pajero Sport may be shiny and new, and filled to overflowing with the latest bling. But from an engineering perspective, it's traditional parts bin development - a wagon body on the Triton chassis, with Gen 2 Pajero rear suspension.

If we want to re-arrange the order of forums, I suggest we look at traffic first - where is the most interest, and where is the most information?

If we're going to prioritise "new" and/or sales volumes, "Other Makes" should be first, followed by Triton.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 07-07-19
Valued Member

I am not suggesting a wholesale change and lose the chronological order and history of the existing listing, but if it is possible to create a separate listing outside the Challenger forum, it maybe easier for people to find the Pajero Sport forum.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
Old 07-07-19

I’d second OJ’s suggestion, certainly it should not turn into a pile on for the bloke’s suggestion. The idea has merit and frankly it’s a bit buried under the Challenger moniker.

And finally, I originally thought the post was about doing a suspension lift.

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Slide, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, home built tinny loader -More to come
Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186

Last edited by Greg Grey Grumbly; 07-07-19 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-07-19
Valued Member

Just start a new forum...Pajero Sport Owners...

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more..
Old 08-07-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
I am not suggesting a wholesale change and lose the chronological order and history of the existing listing, but if it is possible to create a separate listing outside the Challenger forum, it maybe easier for people to find the Pajero Sport forum.

OJ.
That's all I was suggesting.

We're about to get a second generation of Pajero Sport, I think that increases the justification.

Suggestion

Pajero
..Gen1
..Gen2
..etc.

Challenger
..Gen1
..Gen2
..etc

Pajero Sport
..Gen1
..Gen2
..etc

No deletions, no lost messages, just recognition of the changing membership potential.
Old 08-07-19
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron.dunn View Post

We're about to get a second generation of Pajero Sport, I think that increases the justification.
Yes my thoughts as well,.... anyway it's in progress.
Old 08-07-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Yes my thoughts as well,.... anyway it's in progress.

Thanks Pickle, common sense and consideration is all it takes to work things out.
When can we run the country?

OJ.