• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oscar79
    • Nov 2018
    • East Maitland

Holy Crap I now own a Pajero!

Hello ladies and gents, was just informed by the wifey that we are buying a 2012 Pajero so thought I would jump on and say hello. Looking forward to getting tips on pajero care and mods etc from you fine folks.
    Currently have a GU Patrol petrol and decided on the pajero as it is still capable offroad and will be a crap load more efficient to drive around.
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Oscar79 View Post
    Currently have a GU Patrol petrol and decided on the pajero as it is still capable offroad and will be a crap load more efficient to drive around.
    Probably more comfortable too.

Welcome to the forum, we hope you enjoy your visits.

I'll be interested in your thoughts on the difference between GU and Gen 4. I remember an 80 Series felt like a truck compared to my NJ shorty, and Shorty feels like a truck compared to my NT.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Nab
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Perth

Welcome, I went from a GU 4.5 to a NP diesel Paj, you won’t regret it. The only thing the patrol did better was climbing over the hardcore rocks (which it was awesome at) but as an everyday driver the Paj smashes it.
      SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
      NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• jkwpajero
        • Jun 2008
        • Young, NSW

I went from a mildly lifted 80 Series GXL turbo diesel auto to an NW VRX. Even though the Pajero has a 40mm lift it is far superior to the 80 Series as a daily driver, and more so as a tourer. The only draw back is the 80 Series coped with a tow load better with the solid rear axle but that is only about 15% of my driving so 75% of the time the Pajero wins hands down. My serious 4wd days are behind me now too.

James
        Last edited by jkwpajero; 24-11-18, 08:39 AM.
        2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

• fourocker
          • Jan 2018
          • Blue Mountains NSW

And ironically the Pajero has a better tow rating........you should enjoy it, just so easy to live with day to day.

Comment

• jimako
            • Jul 2007
            • Hoppers Crossing VIC

Same here mate,
            I went from the 4.5 GU to the NW.
            The Paj is not built as tough as the GU but im not using the Paj for Rock Climbing.
            Much more economy, power and comfort compared to the GU.
            Im happy with my choice.
            2013 MY13 VRX

Comment

• herbs
              • Dec 2018
              • south australia

Yep me too. Just sold my GU TB48 with all the fruit and just bought an NW VRX

Only had it a few days but am already starting the mods. I did love the patrol but it really wasn't very family at all and the misses hated to drive it.

So far the Pajero, brakes better, easier to park, more comfortable, better on fuel.

Herbs

Comment

• Oscar79
                • Nov 2018
                • East Maitland

Well its been about 3 months now and all is going well. Did a trip to Maclean just after Christmas and averaged about 8.3ltr/100 so pretty happy with that compared to the 20-25ltr/100 I would have got with the Patrol.
                Had its first run on Stockton beach the other day and was very happy with how the Pajero performed even though the beach was all chopped up.
                First mod has been done (provent catch can) Will be putting a pioneer platform on soon and a few other little bits and pieces before the Minister of Finance stops funding.
                Very happy so far.

Comment

• fourocker
                  • Jan 2018
                  • Blue Mountains NSW

Get onto eliminating egr while it's still youngish, that would be the first mod to do as it has the most potential to ruin your investment.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X