• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geoffreyjohn
    • Apr 2016
    • qld

Upgrade to shock absorbers

Has anyone looked at upgrading the factory fitted shocks?
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Most people do. Factory shocks are quite alright if not carrying heavy loads or 4 wdriving. I use Bilsteins as many others do. They appear to be the preferred choice. Others also use different makes with good results as well. Do a search on the site and the answer will be there.

Wouldnt hurt to introduce yourself and tell us a little about you and your vehicle. In your signature area it may pay to list the year and model of your vehicle so others can repond accordingly.

cheers
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by geoffreyjohn View Post
      Has anyone looked at upgrading the factory fitted shocks?
      Welcome to the Forum Geoff,

Best thread to look at is;

It is only early days in the Pajero Sport suspension development but it will be very similar to the MQ Triton front and the PB/PC Challenger rear.

Can you share what you reason is for the question and what loads you are wanting to carry and what terrain traversed.

cheers, OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Jas2909
        • Feb 2016
        • Penrith NSW

No need the stock ones are amazing

Comment

• geoffreyjohn
          • Apr 2016
          • qld

Thanks. Will add some more details as soon as I get a bit familiar with the forum.

Comment

• cookie monster
            • Sep 2007
            • Adelaide

Looks like RAW have shocks to suit the PS, although probably carry over from the Challenger. Fronts look interesting being 46mm monotube.
            2015 Pajero Sport GLS, White, Factory Snorkel, ProRack HD Roofrails & James Baroud Espace Evo RTT, ARB Awning, Custom Aluminium Drawer System, 65L Waeco, GME TX3500, Bridgestone Dueller LT's, Donaldson Pre Fuel Filter, ARB Compressor, King KCRR-23 rear springs & Pedders 5899 Cone Springs.

Comment

• littleriver
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2013
              • Queensland

Originally posted by cookie monster View Post
              http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubish...AAAOxy7vJTd1b8

Looks like RAW have shocks to suit the PS, although probably carry over from the Challenger. Fronts look interesting being 46mm monotube.
              I have a feeling as they say from 2009 onwards they are referring only to the Challenger's (Pajero Sport Thailand Pre MY16 model) ....

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• cookie monster
                • Sep 2007
                • Adelaide

Thats a very good point Littleriver and i think your on the money.

Cookie
                2015 Pajero Sport GLS, White, Factory Snorkel, ProRack HD Roofrails & James Baroud Espace Evo RTT, ARB Awning, Custom Aluminium Drawer System, 65L Waeco, GME TX3500, Bridgestone Dueller LT's, Donaldson Pre Fuel Filter, ARB Compressor, King KCRR-23 rear springs & Pedders 5899 Cone Springs.

Comment

• Jeffwatkins
                  • Apr 2015
                  • Jamisontown NSW

Originally posted by Jas2909 View Post
                  No need the stock ones are amazing

One size does not fit all. As OJ says... "I already know that the factory rear coils are too soft for my personal taste. "

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X