• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ns07
    • Sep 2010
    • QLD

NW MMCS modification

Is anyone a guru on MMCS circuit. I have a NW and want to disable the function that does not let you make changes while driving. I am aware this is said to be a safety feature. I believe that the speed sensor circuit is responsible for disabling function, but I want to know if this is a direct input to MMCS or is it indirect as in its a program initiated. I just want to interrupt the speed sensor input signal to MMCS if its that simple.
  • Pajero1947
    • Jan 2013
    • Boronia

Originally posted by ns07 View Post
    Is anyone a guru on MMCS circuit. I have a NW and want to disable the function that does not let you make changes while driving. I am aware this is said to be a safety feature. I believe that the speed sensor circuit is responsible for disabling function, but I want to know if this is a direct input to MMCS or is it indirect as in its a program initiated. I just want to interrupt the speed sensor input signal to MMCS if its that simple.
    Hi,

This has been brought up in other threads but to get straight to the point, if you go to this website and look up 'Overide Kits' this is a plug in system that gives you what you are after, apparently; http://www.ammsolutions.com.au/

Don't have one myself but others have used it and been satisfied.

Jim
    2012 NW 'ACTIV' ARB suspension, Dual Battery system,Hella 'Compact' driving Lamps. Polyair air bags

Comment

• stevemc181
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • Thornlie/Perth

Even with the Override kit mentioned above you still have to flip a switch to disable the speed sensor I believe?
      Save the $200 odd dollars and put it towards a another unit! I have searched high and low for a firmware hack for the MMCS and have now given up.

It's hard to believe you can't even get bluetooth music streaming from the POS. I was also out camping one weekend and ended up with a flat battery after running just the stereo for a few hours so don't don't think it would take too long to flatten the battery watching a DVD while stopped.

There were a few threads on here regarding some after market Chinese units (Can't remember the name sorry) that were going for around $600 each and said to be far better than the MMCS and integrated fully with the steering wheel controls etc. Might be worth a look?
      2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
      3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• terryfirma
        • Oct 2007
        • Clare S.A.

I see from AMM Solutions web site http://www.ammsolutions.com.au/ they have a complete replacement unit for the MMCS that looks interesting. Appears you can also run mapping programs like ozi explorer. I am considering changing my unit over as the standard unit is crap

Cheers
        Terry
        NH Pajero 1993 3.0 V6 GLS with ARB Bullbar, HD Suspension 2" lift, Roof rack, cargo barrier, rear drawers, onboard air compressor, Mickey Thompson MTZ tyres, Hella Spot lights, UHF radio, GPS
        ALSO NT 30th Anniversary Model 3.2 DID Auto.(Accessory list needs to start again). Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 Tyres, ARB old man emu 50mm Suspension lift, SPV module and Catch Can,Bushskinz plates, King Brown 3" Exhaust turbo back, Flappy Paddles, Auto Mate Torque Lock up Kit.

Comment

• TC.Barky
          Valued Member
          • Oct 2011
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
          Even with the Override kit mentioned above you still have to flip a switch to disable the speed sensor I believe?
          Save the $200 odd dollars and put it towards a another unit! I have searched high and low for a firmware hack for the MMCS and have now given up.

It's hard to believe you can't even get bluetooth music streaming from the POS. I was also out camping one weekend and ended up with a flat battery after running just the stereo for a few hours so don't don't think it would take too long to flatten the battery watching a DVD while stopped.

There were a few threads on here regarding some after market Chinese units (Can't remember the name sorry) that were going for around $600 each and said to be far better than the MMCS and integrated fully with the steering wheel controls etc. Might be worth a look?
          Dig options would be the brand you are talking about I think. Says it integrates with the Rockford system too. Based in Melbourne and supposedly their after sales support is pretty great. There was a thread somewhere in (I think) the NT section about em, apparently they just plug straight into the existing harness without any kind of modification/soldering/crimping. These will run ozi etc as well.
          MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
          Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• gaudough
            • Jul 2011
            • Buderim

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post

The standard battery is way too small, nothing to do with the MMCS
            Regards Gordo

NW 2012 Activ DiD Auto, Graphite Grey, Full tint, H/D tow bar, Rear Diff Lock & A/C, TJM snorkel, TJM 50mm lift, TJM Bullbar & TJM Winch, XRay HiD Lights, BFG A/T KO2 265/70/17, HF VHF & UHF, IC400 Pro, Dual battery system, Dynamat.

Comment

• ns07
              • Sep 2010
              • QLD

Thanks for feedback everyone, I don't want to add a gizmo, just really want to know how the MMCS knows how to disable the driver input to MMSC and how it achieves it as per original post. I'll do some homework with MM and post some answers if I get any so everyone knows. thanks.

Comment

• ns07
                • Sep 2010
                • QLD

Getting information out of MM is like getting blood out of stone. I am not sure if its political or just nobody knows the product,

Comment

• Yclept
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • Sydney

They don't know their product.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X