• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roddasgear
    • May 2017
    • Salamander Bay

Life expectancy

I have a NW with 96,000 K and thinking of updating. It is used to tow a 2,500 kg van . We are 70 yo and wondering if this rig will see us out. If we keep her we will have to do a suspension upgrade. Any one have thoughts on the life expectancy of these Pajeros??. The only other rig iwould consider buying is a 200 series Land cruiser. I would appreciate any advice on the expected life . Thanks. Rod
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

My NS has done 250000ks plus. The previous owner used it eclusivly for towing his show cars and touring. Its a manual. I also have an NW auto with similar ks to yours and will hold onto it for another 100000km if i can. So my experience is happily very positive.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

Originally posted by roddasgear View Post
      I have a NW with 96,000 K and thinking of updating. It is used to tow a 2,500 kg van . We are 70 yo and wondering if this rig will see us out. If we keep her we will have to do a suspension upgrade. Any one have thoughts on the life expectancy of these Pajeros??. The only other rig iwould consider buying is a 200 series Land cruiser. I would appreciate any advice on the expected life . Thanks. Rod
      defenately low km's ... as above mention .. save your $$$ and keep her (travel twice as much here in Aus and Abroad with the money you would have saved) ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Onslow
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2007
        • Perth, Western Australia

I'd have to echo the same sentiments as Seigried and Littleriver Rod, and I've been asking myself the same question recently. I'm on my second Pajero over a 13 year period (A Gen 3 followed by a Gen 4) and I've never had an ounce of trouble with either. They are strong, reliable touring vehicles. Mechanically they are sound, and it's common to see engines, gearboxes and diffs reaching around 400,000km mark with regular maintenance. I looked at upgrading to a 200 Series however, following a 6000km trip from Perth to the Kimberley and return, I decided that I had the better option for my travels. I couldn't fault the Pajero as a tourer and it was definitely cheaper to run than a 200 Series.
        NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Serviced regularly and looked after there is no reason that the vehicle will not be going strong long after you are not driving. I,m 64 and intend my NW to be my last vehicle as I think at around 75-80years of age your driving days are numbered due to reaction times, strength, attention and other "date of birth" issues that affect us all! Enjoy the vehicle mate. Great car..

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• PaulF
            • Oct 2009
            • Mareeba

...my NS has just ticked over 310,000kms. Lots of towing, 5 cape trips, 2 gulf trips and plenty of local trips in between. Agree that regular servicing is the key - we are lucky in Mareeba in that the local dealer understands the vehicle and what I need it to do!! We are just about to head to the NT for another trip but perhaps this will be the last big trip for the old girl.

Comment

• roddasgear
              • May 2017
              • Salamander Bay

Thanks very much for your time to respond to my question folk . I appreciate it and good to hear it from others. Rod

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X