X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Birchy17
    • Sep 2014
    • Augusta WA

hey motorace those look the goods.!!! Where'd you get those made or is it a doityourself job?

Comment

• Motorace
      • Oct 2012
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by Birchy17 View Post
      hey motorace those look the goods.!!! Where'd you get those made or is it a doityourself job?
      Made them myself. Talked to an engineer at work to make sure the idea was safe. The Americans make them for a heap of cars. Extend my seat is one of the companies.

Makes the challenger the perfect 4x4 for me.
      2012 PB Challenger- Auto; Full BushSkinz, Pioneer platform roof-rack, ScanGauge 2, Milspec rust proofing, custom seat mod +50mm legroom. Duel battery. Fridge box. Ome suspension.

Comment

• auskenny
        • Oct 2012
        • sydney

Originally posted by aaron.miller View Post
        My guy said he can do extra sets, I will let you know how much they will be when he gets back to me.

Aaron
        Hey Aaron

Any news if your guy can make extra sets?
        Cheers shane
        MY14 PC Challenger Auto, Silver, Under bonnet Dual Battery, Projecta 150 isolator, Fridgemate 70lt fridge/freezer, Hayman Reece towbar, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller, Rhino rack pioneer platform,

Comment

• Ent
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2014
          • Tasmania

Hi

Very interested as well been 6'3". Extra height good as well.

Cheers
          2014 PC Challenger, manual, factory tow-bar, factory front diff protector, TJM inter-cooler plate, Bushskinz manual transmission protection plate, ProRack S16 roof racks, front elocker, Drummond Motor Sport front struts, custom 16mm King rear springs with Bilstein Dampeners, Buzz Rack Runner 3 bike platform, Eclipse Nav head unit, GME TX3800BW UHF, 16x8 CSA Raptor rims, 265/75R16 Maxxis MT-762, orToyo AT/2 265/70R16 Triton rims, BFGoodrich 235/85/R16 Triton rims, or Factory tyres and rims.

Comment

• Birchy17
            • Sep 2014
            • Augusta WA

Originally posted by Motorace View Post
            Made them myself. Talked to an engineer at work to make sure the idea was safe. The Americans make them for a heap of cars. Extend my seat is one of the companies.

Makes the challenger the perfect 4x4 for me.
            Checked out the website, they don't seem to do mitsi's. Don't suppose you feel like making another set for the appropriate renumeration??

Comment

• greig
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2010
              • kanwal

I still have the brackets I made up for my Challenger.. 8 of...free to anybody ( may cost you 10 or 15 bucks for postage though ??)
              Attached Files

Comment

• Motorace
                • Oct 2012
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by Birchy17 View Post
                Checked out the website, they don't seem to do mitsi's. Don't suppose you feel like making another set for the appropriate renumeration??
                I would love to, but we have our first bub due in the next few weeks. So busy times. I will try and dig up all the measurement.
                2012 PB Challenger- Auto; Full BushSkinz, Pioneer platform roof-rack, ScanGauge 2, Milspec rust proofing, custom seat mod +50mm legroom. Duel battery. Fridge box. Ome suspension.

Comment

• Birchy17
                  • Sep 2014
                  • Augusta WA

Originally posted by greig View Post
                  I still have the brackets I made up for my Challenger.. 8 of...free to anybody ( may cost you 10 or 15 bucks for postage though ??)
                  Cheers Greg I'm definitely keen on a set of those.

Comment

• flyreels
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Tasmania

Me too.
                    Cheers Pete

Comment

• JK017
                      • Sep 2012
                      • Pinjarra WA

If you get stuck Birchy Pm me as I have got the gear to make up another set
                      2012 PB Challenger - TJM Nudge Bar, Uniden UHF, Narva Spotlights, Parkside Towbar, Auto Safe Cargo Barrier, Dark Tint, Dual Battery setup, custom DIY rear storage and fridge slide setup.

Comment

• 02-SR5
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2010
                        • Toowoomba

Me 3 to mate.

More than happy to pay for your time and postage.
                        MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• Motorace
                          • Oct 2012
                          • Brisbane

Just be aware of the extra leverage action this puts on the rear mounting bolts. I originally was going to make some of these, but my engineering mate talked me out of it. They probably also void your insurance. That's why we went for the full length front to back design. This passed in Qld and I have a mod plate. All legal and insurance still covered.

Sorry to be a pain. Just don't want anyone to come unstuck!

Comment

• Birchy17
                            • Sep 2014
                            • Augusta WA

Originally posted by JK017 View Post
                            If you get stuck Birchy Pm me as I have got the gear to make up another set
                            Cheers JK. As in like motoraces long ones or the short set? Thinking the longer ones would be better as motor says. Prepared to pay well for a set like that as I don't have access to the gear to make them myself.

Comment

• greig
                              Valued Member
                              • Aug 2010
                              • kanwal

I certainly don't profess to being an engineer, but I can't see how the short brackets could be any "weaker " than the longer ones, but of course insurance is is a thing you would have to consider..

Motorace, who passed your brackets ? Engineers normally charge an arm and a leg for vehicle mods !

Comment

• fester
                                Valued Member
                                • Feb 2013
                                • Gympie Qld

Those little brackets have a lot of load over a short span and more leverage at the mounting points. The load is spread much better over the full bars. I would not make any of the short separate brackets. Motorace, is the original rear mount a bolt through the floor or was it a stud like the front that you have drilled out.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X