• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • auskenny
    • Oct 2012
    • sydney

Originally posted by cookie9 View Post
    MiteeWidge, thanks for the promising news! You wouldnt happen to have the spec's of the spacers? I'm not interested in making them myself, happy to pay someone to get a good job
    I'm also wanting a set of these if anyone is making/selling them
    MY14 PC Challenger Auto, Silver, Under bonnet Dual Battery, Projecta 150 isolator, Fridgemate 70lt fridge/freezer, Hayman Reece towbar, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller, Rhino rack pioneer platform,

Comment

• aaron.miller
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2011
      • Epping, NSW

I'm getting a set made, I will ask my guy if he can make some more.

Aaron
      2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.

Comment

• cookie9
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2014
        • Central Coast NSW

Originally posted by aaron.miller View Post

Aaron
        That would be fantastic! I'd be after 2 sets so I can do both seats
        2011 LS Auto Challenger, Ultimate 50mm suspension lift, Diff breathers, OEM towbar, Bushskinz.....

Comment

• unknown
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by aaron.miller View Post

Aaron
          Mate,
          if there is a chance of another set being added to the list I'd be interested too!

Comment

• auskenny
            • Oct 2012
            • sydney

I'm also after two sets enough for driver and passenger seats
            Cheers Shane
            MY14 PC Challenger Auto, Silver, Under bonnet Dual Battery, Projecta 150 isolator, Fridgemate 70lt fridge/freezer, Hayman Reece towbar, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller, Rhino rack pioneer platform,

Comment

• JK017
              • Sep 2012
              • Pinjarra WA

This was is the best mod I have done thus far to the Challenger
              2012 PB Challenger - TJM Nudge Bar, Uniden UHF, Narva Spotlights, Parkside Towbar, Auto Safe Cargo Barrier, Dark Tint, Dual Battery setup, custom DIY rear storage and fridge slide setup.

Comment

• reciprovac
                • Jan 2011
                • broadford Victoria, Australia

seat adjustment

Yes like others 30mm spacers required to make seats comfortable.
                Just drilled and tapped some 30mm round and fitted stud to take seat nuts.
                Regards
                2013 Pajero GLX-R auto Diesel.
                Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system,diff/traction control modification.

Comment

• robdavo
                  • Dec 2013
                  • Wantirna, Vic

Notice that some that have done this mod are in the 6 foot+ range. Anyone in the 5' 7" range done this mod, and can you recommend it?
                  I do notice a gap between front of seat squab and my legs, so assume this would "fill the gap" so to speak, and provide a bit more leg support, even for us smaller types.
                  My thoughts would be a max 25mm lift based on comments of those who have tried various heights.
                  Also, can someone clarify the mounting of the seat rail to the spacer. I see reference to using a stud screwed into the spacer (which is screwed to the fixed floor stud), and then the original mounting nut used to attach seat to new stud. Is it not possible, and I would think more desirable, as one less thread to unscrew, that you just use a bolt through the seat into the spacer?

Just had a good look at the NewTriton site, and in particular the spacers that DiD3 makes. His are machined from a piece of solid steel rod by the looks, and I would guess around 25mm dia. Bottom side is drilled and tapped for 10mm 1.25 existing floor stud, and top is turned down and threaded as a stud to take the seat mount and orig mounting nut. He can make to order from 18mm to 30mm for $50 a set incl postage I think.
                  Last edited by robdavo; 09-10-14, 06:35 PM. Reason: More info
                  MY14 PC Challenger Auto, Terra Rosa, Rear Storage Drawer and Fridge System, 120Ah Dual Battery, Traxide SC80 Isolator, H/Reece Hitch. Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, LED Running Lights, 80W LED Light Bar, Factory (PB) Nudge Bar. Thule Racks, GME TX3510 CB, Poly Airs, MN Triton 17" wheels. Tinted windows, deflectors and bonnet guard. Headlight protectors.

Comment

• aaron.miller
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2011
                    • Epping, NSW

My guy said he can do extra sets, I will let you know how much they will be when he gets back to me.

Aaron
                    2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.

Comment

• cookie9
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2014
                      • Central Coast NSW

Originally posted by robdavo View Post
                      Just had a good look at the NewTriton site, and in particular the spacers that DiD3 makes. His are machined from a piece of solid steel rod by the looks, and I would guess around 25mm dia. Bottom side is drilled and tapped for 10mm 1.25 existing floor stud, and top is turned down and threaded as a stud to take the seat mount and orig mounting nut. He can make to order from 18mm to 30mm for $50 a set incl postage I think.
                      I thought did3 was no longer doing them?

Will see what aaron comes back with, I'd imagine getting 1/2 dozen sets made in one go would make it alot cheaper then the odd 1 or 2
                      2011 LS Auto Challenger, Ultimate 50mm suspension lift, Diff breathers, OEM towbar, Bushskinz.....

Comment

• MiteeWidge
                        • Mar 2014
                        • Townsville

Seat spacers.

Should note that as Old Jack mentioned when this mod first began , critical to use a grade 8 bolts when fixing seat arm to the spacer. Getting technical - an engineering certificate is supposed to be obtained following this mod. Sure any engineering firm would knock out few sets for you on their slow days. I'm 5' 7'' and found 25mm suit fine. Also a bloke on EBAY [POH 53] was turning them out as well, but could not track them down last night when I looked.
                        2011 Challenger 30th Anniversary Manual , OEM nudge bar , GME 3100 UHF , seat spacers , OEM tow bar , Rydge Ryder Awning , Dueler 265/65/17's , Munji egr , Ultragauge , ABR Sidewinder Flyer dual battery box , TJM Gold 4000 suspension , Plazmaman Intercooler hoses , Stedi ST4K 28'' light bar , 2 Stedi 7'' Type X , Pedders 5899 cones , Provent 200 catch can .

Comment

• Ent
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2014
                          • Tasmania

At 6'3" very interested as well for both passenger and driver. My knee on a long drive went out of alignment and agony for two weeks until it mercifully came right. Challenger could do with more leg room not to mention foot space for size 48 feet.
                          2014 PC Challenger, manual, factory tow-bar, factory front diff protector, TJM inter-cooler plate, Bushskinz manual transmission protection plate, ProRack S16 roof racks, front elocker, Drummond Motor Sport front struts, custom 16mm King rear springs with Bilstein Dampeners, Buzz Rack Runner 3 bike platform, Eclipse Nav head unit, GME TX3800BW UHF, 16x8 CSA Raptor rims, 265/75R16 Maxxis MT-762, orToyo AT/2 265/70R16 Triton rims, BFGoodrich 235/85/R16 Triton rims, or Factory tyres and rims.

Comment

• Motorace
                            • Oct 2012
                            • Brisbane

Originally posted by Ent View Post
                            At 6'3" very interested as well for both passenger and driver. My knee on a long drive went out of alignment and agony for two weeks until it mercifully came right. Challenger could do with more leg room not to mention foot space for size 48 feet.
                            Let me know if you want more details of my mod. I now have 50mm extra leg room. All legal and mod plated too.
                            2012 PB Challenger- Auto; Full BushSkinz, Pioneer platform roof-rack, ScanGauge 2, Milspec rust proofing, custom seat mod +50mm legroom. Duel battery. Fridge box. Ome suspension.

Comment

• Motorace
                              • Oct 2012
                              • Brisbane

Originally posted by Motorace View Post
                              Let me know if you want more details of my mod. I now have 50mm extra leg room. All legal and mod plated too.
                              Pictures below.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Motorace; 14-10-14, 10:46 PM.
                              2012 PB Challenger- Auto; Full BushSkinz, Pioneer platform roof-rack, ScanGauge 2, Milspec rust proofing, custom seat mod +50mm legroom. Duel battery. Fridge box. Ome suspension.

Comment

• Motorace
                                • Oct 2012
                                • Brisbane

Originally posted by Motorace View Post
                                More photos
                                Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X