• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THT
    • Nov 2009
    • Sydney

Range Rover Evoque

Range Rover seem to have got the looks of this model right, let's see what engine they're going to put in. If it's efficient and reliable enough all SWB 4WD lovers would surely want to buy one.

Pitty that Mitsubishi pulled out the SWB Pajero from the Australian market. They could have just use their Pajero Evolution to drive sales of the SWB Pajero. As a 2 doors 4WD the Pajero SWB is an expensive vehicle to most people, if styling isn't attractive surely no one would be interested to buy. The guys at MMC should tempt us all by propose to release the SWB version of their Pajero Evolution from the Dakkar Rally.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY09 X SWB DiD Black Mica. Electronic Rust Protection. Mitsubishi Le Mans 20" factory alloy wheels (Imported from UK). Dynamat Xtreme.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY11 Platinum DiD Ironbark. Genuine factory alloy bar. Head lights & fog lamps protectors. Electronic Rust Protection. MotorOne X-Pack Paint & Fabric Guard. MMA Neoprene seat covers. Dynamat Xtreme. Stock as a rock!
  • David Anderson
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007
    • Albury

The big question with any new Land Rover product -

Does it look good on the back of a tow truck ?

09 NT GL manual.

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

I must be getting old - I don't like the look.

The cabin looks squashed; the height above the waist is out of proportion with the height below the waist. With a driving position that low with respect to the bonnet, they're not even pretending it's a serious off-road vehicle, which I find disappointing. Other than impractical wheels & tyres I've always felt that previous Range Rovers were designed with serious off-road capability (even if you couldn't trust them to run long enough to tackle serious off-road destinations).

Style wins out over substance? Who owns Land Rover now? I think it's a shame that they're demeaning the Range Rover brand.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• THT
        • Nov 2009
        • Sydney

It's styling kinda looks like the Mazda CX7
        Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY09 X SWB DiD Black Mica. Electronic Rust Protection. Mitsubishi Le Mans 20" factory alloy wheels (Imported from UK). Dynamat Xtreme.
        Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY11 Platinum DiD Ironbark. Genuine factory alloy bar. Head lights & fog lamps protectors. Electronic Rust Protection. MotorOne X-Pack Paint & Fabric Guard. MMA Neoprene seat covers. Dynamat Xtreme. Stock as a rock!

Comment

• TheTaipan
          Banned
          • Jan 2009
          • sydney

...and it's front wheel drive. YUK.

Comment

• THT
            • Nov 2009
            • Sydney

According to the press, they'll be releasing two version for this Evoque 2 doors - 2WD and 4WD. What interesting is that Range Rover is also planning for a 4 doors version at a later date for both 2WD and 4WD drive trains using the proposed newly developed turbo diesel engine from Ford.

Comparing the styling from the Evoque to the Maxda CX-7 CX-9 there seem to be similarities among them. I have a feeling that Mazda may be using the same Ford developed engine in their next CX-7 and CX-9 model release but as an AWD instead of 4WD.

Had a look on Range Rover website and checked the interior of the Evoque, it seems they're using those expensive Reccaro leather seats. Don't think it's worth the price if the 2 doors version selling in Aus for over $70k (proposed price for UK is $35,000 pound).

Looks like this is a new market segment started by BMW with their released of the X6. Mitsubishi already have a competing product on their hands with the concept design of the Pajero Evolution if they want to enter into this segment. Wouldn't it be interesting if we can pickup one of these toys from the local MMA dealer?
            http://www.histomobile.com/histomob/internet/59/857801.jpg
            http://www.histomobile.com/histomob/internet/59/857802.jpg
            http://www.histomobile.com/histomob/.../59/857803.jpg

Comment

• Lance
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2009
              • Melbourne

Yep, I'm getting old as well.
              Never in a million years would you see me or the missus in something that looks like that.
              Horrible design, I don't care what the critics say.
              Stunning.............. ?
              Stunned !
              Visibility is woeful and would be verging on dangerous. Just wait till all the mums start reverse parking to drop off/pick up the kids in a busy school parking area.
              Last edited by Lance; 23-10-10, 12:46 PM.
              2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
              2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Peakhurst, Sydney

For the 2009 Dakar Rally,...

Originally posted by THT View Post
                ...Looks like this is a new market segment started by BMW with their released of the X6. Mitsubishi already have a competing product on their hands with the concept design of the Pajero Evolution if they want to enter into this segment. Wouldn't it be interesting if we can pickup one of these toys from the local MMA dealer?
                http://www.histomobile.com/histomob/internet/59/857801.jpg
                http://www.histomobile.com/histomob/internet/59/857802.jpg
                http://www.histomobile.com/histomob/.../59/857803.jpg
                ...when they built a special race-version of the Pajero Evolution, for some reason the Mitsubishi team called it a 'Lancer'. Maybe they were afraid of calling their unproven new race-vehicle a 'Pajero' for a race run with stages in Argentina!

Cheers
                Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
                "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• NM Gary
                  • Jun 2010
                  • Adelaide

To put it bluntly..... YUK!!!
                  Insanity & Beyond
                  Gary

Comment

• Pearcie
                    BushSkinz 4x4
                    • Nov 2007
                    • Wattagans

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    Visibility is woeful and would be verging on dangerous. Just wait till all the mums start reverse parking to drop off/pick up the kids in a busy school parking area.
                    Could be just my family but I would be impressed if the ladies in my family even considered reverse parking, my mother will drive around for as long as it takes to find a spot which doesn't involve reversing. But given that some of the new cars can reverse park themselves it wouldn't surprise me if the latest version of the range rover vehicle's would do the same thing. With reverse parking camera's and sensors it would be safer then most 4x4's as you can't see a little kid out the back of a 4x4 anyway. The only place that I could see it as being dangerous is reversing out on to a busy road.

Style wise is always going to be hit and miss just like we all like the styling of vehicles like the Pajero, Challenger and Triton but there are people that hate the look of them. Personally I don't mind the styling but at the end of the day for half the price you could get a ASX aspire so I know where my dollars would go.

Cheers,
                    Kieron
                    2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
                    Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

• igor54
                      • Oct 2010
                      • Warwick, Qld

Originally posted by David Anderson View Post
                      The big question with any new Land Rover product -

Does it look good on the back of a tow truck ?

I've had many 'Rovers over the years, and all of mine have been extremely reliable, robust and capable vehicles. Some had been given a fairly hard life before I got them, too. Rather a 'Rover than a Toyota any day

Comment

• THT
                        • Nov 2009
                        • Sydney

Had a look at this car at the Sydney International Motor show and seemed like it's going to get a space saving spare tyre as the boot is "very" narrow. I must say looking at this prototype I think they must have recycled the idea of producing a similar vehicle like the Honda HRV 2-doors SUV but has more capable 4WD modes built into it.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X