Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Forum Meets / Where to Go!

Forum Meets / Where to Go! Forum get togethers. Tracks done. Tracks to do.

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default September trip

Hi everyone,

I'm planning a solo trip in 2 weeks for just a weekend so nothing too crazy where I could get myself stuck. I was wondering anyone had any recommendations for a dry spot (really don't want to get bogged) to do a bit of camping (rooftop tent) and light 4x4, I have basic recovery minus a bolted on winch. In about a 5 hour radius of Sydney

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Could do the caves to cave track and camp at Dingo Dell. Probably from Wombeyan Caves to Jenolan as the steepest is down hill that way if your only new to 4wd.
Nice walk to a big water fall at the Janolan end. Defiantly need low range as itís steep in sections but have towed our Tvan in both directions.
Meryla state forest near Moss vale has some varied tracks and a few clearings for camping, no toilets though. Can be boggy on some track though. Always Belangelo State forest if your game. Good camping area and some track that might require low range in places. If you want toilets And donít want to stay at Belangelo there are camping areas around Penrose state forest. Could camp at any of them and have a look around the three areas.
Bendethera is good but probably better suited to a long weekend

Terry
2005 NP GLX DiD,Alloy bullbar, Rallye 2000 driving lights, dual batteries,icomm UHF, 2" lift Ultimate Suspension, HD front,SD back with Ironman air bags, TJM underbody protection, HD valve body and Torque Converter, Engine Watchdog. In tow,Track Trailer T van.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

In about 2-3 hours from Campbelltown you can get to a nice range of national parks and other campsites north of Lithgow, around the village of Capertee: Newnes and Gardens of Stone NP, Turon NP, Turon Gates campground, Wollemi NP - you are really spoiled for choice. Nothing too isolated, there are bound to be others around if assistance is required. To the west of Capertee there's a great 4WD track from Turon Gates through to Sofala - just check with caretaker at Turon Gates to make sure the road is OK for trees on the road etc. To the east of Capertee there's a pretty drive into Glen Davis camp which is a restful place to stay.

Have a great time
BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni 90 front and Bilstein 6272 rear shocks with Lovell HD springs, Lightforce 170 Halogen driving lights, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads