• Show
Clear All
  • disco stu
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2018
    • Wollongong

Weird request-seat runner details NJ

Hi all. I've got a weird request if anyone is able to help

I'm hoping to get details from seat runner from am NJ that doesn't have captain's seats. I'm hoping someone might be taking their seat out and can get the code from the bottom of the runner

The story is that on my NL I can't get the seat back far enough. Been told on here that NJ seats go back a lot further. I found someone wrecking one about an hour away so bought the front seats from him. Get home to find that the runners are exactly the same, but these are captains seats, so I thought that might be the difference.

Having a lot of trouble getting sellers to measure things for me, and don't want to drive to them in the hope they're right as they're all a fair drive away.

Worried that driving this one the way it is won't be real safe, and the cost of getting a modification to the seat mount engineered is prohibitive-quoted at $500+

Would appreciate any help if anyone is in a position.
    And if anyone wants to swap captain's seats let me know
  • MSF
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2009
    • Sydney, Northern Beaches

I was charged $110 by an engineer to have my NL Runners modified to allow 60mm more clearance rearward.....

Then I found a set of Genuine RECARO runners and fitted them instead...

If they are charging $500+ then they are clearly taking the pi$$

Comment

• disco stu
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2018
      • Wollongong

Thanks for that. That's what I thought initially, until I called a second engineer who said the first guy was cheap compared to him!

Did you have to get the Recaro runners certified?

Can I ask the name of the place that certified your car? Might be worth a drive up to them

Comment

• MSF
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2009
        • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Didn't have to get the RECARO bases certified separately as they came with all the paperwork confirming they met all the standards etc when fitted to the RECARO seat
        I will see if I can find the Engineer's details - he was out near Annangrove (North West Sydney)
        As my engineer agreed, the modifications that were made to the OEM base far exceeded the factory frame standards -
        ie, factory frame was 2.1mm steel, the new sections were 4mm)

Comment

• disco stu
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2018
          • Wollongong

Awesome, thanks. That probably gives me enough details to go on to find them. Still, be easier to just fit rails from NJ if they are longer, assuming I can find out the details

Comment

• moose1178
            • Apr 2015
            • Wollongong, NSW

Seat Rails

Hi Stu, just sent you a PM. I have taken my seat rails out of my 1996 NJ as I found some suspension bases. You can have them if you want.
            NJ 4M40T 5spd. 32"s, TJM Steel Bar, Drivetech LED Bar, sheepskin seats and a pool ball gearknob.

(Sold on)'90 V6 5spd with: 2" lift, TJM bullbar, extractors, 31" A/T's.

Comment

• disco stu
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2018
              • Wollongong

Awesome, thanks moose. Just sent you a reply

Comment

• disco stu
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2018
                • Wollongong

So the seat rails out of moose's NJ turned out to be the same as the captains seats, and also the original ones from the NL. So if anyone else happens to have their seat out I would be interested to know the code under the rails

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X