• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richyd
    • Dec 2019
    • Sydney

C/D solid light alone

Hey guys,

I haven't seen this issue myself- have just had reports from the wife. Has only happened this week but happened twice on the same day only.

Apparently whilst driving the 4 green lights turn off and the orange 'c/d light' turns on solid (not flashing). The car continues driving normally. She pulled over when possible and turned the car off, when she turned it back on the lights were normal again (flashed initially on start up, then solid 2wd lights as expected).

I know about the flashing light issue- obviously I should check connection, vacuum lines, solenoids etc.

Just wondering if this is likely the same issue as the orange flashing light, or is this something different?
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

Simple things first:
    - check tyre pressures
    - are all tyres matched & similar tread wear?
    - try cycling through the different transfer settings (only use 4HLc & 4LLc on looses surfaces - stop & select N before shifting in or out of 4LLc)
    - try driving in 4H for a while
    - check hazard lights work
    - clean (inside) battery terminals
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Nift4wd
      • Aug 2020
      • Adelaide

Do the on board diagnostics by earthing out pin 1 to pin 4 with a paper clip term ignition on and watch the CD light read the flashes and see what error code come up a solid light and not a flashing light could mean time to change transfer case oil or maby gear box oil

Comment

• erad
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Cooma NSW

I had a similar problem on my NW Pajero - just a solid orange CD light (no greens). Turn off the engine and restart, all good for a while and then it came back. The dealer could find no codes, but eventually I bought an ICarSoft HNMII code reader machine. It found a code which related to odd sized tyres (and a few other codes as well), but it could not clear all the codes. I went back to the dealer and he cleared a couple of the codes, but could find nothing wrong. I had 2 Hankook AT tyres on the rear and 2 Bridgestones Highway tread tyres on the front - all standard size ie 275/65/17. Eventually I wore out the two front tyres and replaced them with tyres which matched the 2 on the rear axle. Then I could use 4WD when towing my caravan and got no codes. So although the tyres were nominally the same size, obviously different brands are slightly different and that was enough to upset the ECU and make it bring up a code. Check your tyre brand/size and pressures because the ECU seems to be sensitive to minor differences in rolling radius.

Comment

• hinsch
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2010
          • Perth

I had same issue it was the soleniod valve on the front diff, remove the bash plate there was a very small pin hole in one of the vacumn hose, I replaced with soft retic hose problem gone.
          NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

• Richyd
            • Dec 2019
            • Sydney

Thanks guys,
            I checked all the easy things- tyres are all the same, pressure good, no uneven wear etc. Cleaned battery terminals etc.
            It seems to shift between all setting (2h-4llc) without any issues.
            We have not seen it happen again, so I'll keep an eye on it.
            I'll try to check the on board display over the weekend and see what happens!

Comment

• spot01
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2011
              • Adelaide

Might also be worth checking the fluid levels underneath, or at least check for signs of oil loss - I assume the CD is part of the transfer box?
              Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Richyd
                • Dec 2019
                • Sydney

Happened to me whilst I was driving today - turns out it's the flashing orange light that we all know so much 😂

So, looks like I'm checking the vacuum lines, solenoids and transfer case switches

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X