• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darylsarah
    • Dec 2015
    • Sydney

4m41 how do you test a suspect egr valve

As the title asks... Does anyone know how to test if it is functioning properly... Also can the electrical side of it be repaired if you unscrew the cap??

Cheers
  • RUGGA
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2014
    • Adelaide

Hello and welcome,

I don't know but are you aware that most people blank their EGR so that it Doesn't work?
    02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2010
      • Cairns

What model?
      There is a big difference in the operation of the EGR valve depending on whether you have a pre common-rail 4M41 or a common rail 4M41.
      Cheers, Dan.
      2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• dhula
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • South of Perth

Common rail --> clicky here

Pre common rail --> clicky here then find and click on Montero FSM 2003
        * Save the zip file to your PC somewhere (desktop is always good to start with)
        * Unpack/extract it all
        * Once unpacked/extracted there are several ways to get to where you need to be but for brevity
        - Find the file named GR00005900-17.pdf and open it using pdf reader
        - In the bookmarks menu expand Emission control, then find and click on EGR Valve (Stepper motor) check.
        * Read away

2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
        2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• P humphreys
          • Aug 2019
          • Sydney

Can I have broken EGR above blanking plate?

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
          Hello and welcome,

I don't know but are you aware that most people blank their EGR so that it Doesn't work?
          Hi, I hope you are still receiving these messages. I have an NS SWB diesel.

I have an engine light on. I took off the EGR (Electronic solenoid) to clean it in the hope that It would Resolve the issue.

The EGR Was pretty well stuck shut but after cleaning I got it back to proper function. However while cleaning the electrical part the spring and the pushrod Pulled out. I push them back in but as the pushrod looks like a spindle I'm not sure how successful that will be.

I want to Install blanking plates. But I had thought that unless I have a functioning EGR Above the blanking Plate I will keep getting an error message. I understood that the sensor measures movement by the EGR. So if it is broken, it will not function and will therefore throw up a error.

Am I correct or Will I get away with having a broken EGR above the blanking plate Without error codes?

thanks all
          Paul
          Last edited by P humphreys; 22-07-20, 06:21 PM. Reason: Add information

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X