• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amec
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Wamberal

Glow plug access

Thinking i need to service my glow plugs, longer cranking to start now its colder. Looking like the top manifold needs to come off to service them unless i am wrong.
    Any differing views?
    PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.
  • Kingbrown
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2012
    • Port Augusta - SA

Originally posted by amec View Post
    Thinking i need to service my glow plugs, longer cranking to start now its colder. Looking like the top manifold needs to come off to service them unless i am wrong.
    Any differing views?
    Section 16 of the online manual details the steps:

Procedure only lists removal of the following in order to access the glow plugs:
    > engine upper cover
    > throttle body
    > egr valve and pipe
    > battery

(4M4 engine does include removal of upper intake manifold though)
    2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• itsamitsi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2015
      • Hervey Bay Queensland

Mine does that too in the cooler weather. Double glow it and it will start first go.
      Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2019
        • Victoria

Check your current draw when preheating. Will tell you if plugs are working
        2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• amec
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Wamberal

Nothing wrong with the glow plugs, all measured within specs on the multi meter.
          The fault is from this knuckle head who connected the bus bar power supply to the block thinking it was an earth.......
          Blown fusable link at the battery is why the glow plugs are not glowing now.
          Thanks for the help.
          PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• Keithyv
            Valued Member
            • May 2018
            • Perth

Nothing wrong with the glow plugs, all measured within specs on the multi meter.
            The fault is from this knuckle head who connected the bus bar power supply to the block thinking it was an earth.......
            Thanks for the help.
            Block SHOULD be earth surely if the earth strap is in place?
            2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
            MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• pharb
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Tyers,Vic

Thanks for the help.
              Isn't it great when you find an easy solution to a problem, even if it is found the problem was self inflicted
              PCOV Member 1107.
              Daily driver NX GLX
              Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
              Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
              Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• amec
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2015
                • Wamberal

Not my first mechanical error, probably won't be the last. Maybe someone will read of my sillyness and not make the same mistake.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X