• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Garc
    • May 2015
    • Perth

Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• Mundy55
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2015
      • Gold Coast

I camped out of the back of my 4wd for years and had the same rain issue. Particularly irking when trying to load gear in the rain. Then I bought a Foxwing (there are a number of other similar products now) and it dramatically improved the pleasure of camping in summer sun, winter dew and rain any time. Its a 3/4 of a circle for those who haven't seen, covering one side and rear. Heartily recommend.

Comment

• 1533rl
        • Jun 2007
        • armadale wa

New Rear drawers with camp kitchen

[QUOTE=1533rl;619708]Hi David, the original measurements off the website said 445mm wide and that is what I worked on, when I brought the fridge slide home it seemed to be wider so I checked the actual width and it was 525mm and I then checked the website and the new specs were already there. Had I sussed the change beforehand I would have made my own slide at 425mm to fit my fridge or even made the kitchen a bit narrower. Either way it was my fault not Kings.
        Maybe I should see if anyone has a previous model slide that is too narrow for their fridge due to the change !!!!

Further to the conversation about the width of the new model of kings 60lt fridge slide, I was going to copy another forum member and make a new one out of aluminium angle but when I went to the BGS I had to sit down and use an inhaler when I saw the price. How did ali get so expensive ?
        Anyway, I called into a sheet metal place I used a couple of years ago to make some firepits and asked how much to cut the fridge slide down to this size and it was the same as the cost of the ali angle. So they did their laser magic and plasma voodoo and the slide was trimmed down to 420mm to fit the (new) fridge. A spray with flat black paint and moving the threaded inserts in the car and I now have everything back to my original specs - i.e. space to get my folding camping chair into.
        The old fridge, a waeco ff40 (yes 18 y.o.) started acting up so I picked up a cfx40 from anaconda as they are the outgoing model, if I get 18 years out of it I won't complain.
        So if you're like me and can't weld thin sheet metal that is how you get a slimmer fridge slide !!!
        Cheers
        Peter
        Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X