• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Birchy17
    • Sep 2014
    • Augusta WA

Front bumper removal/headlight change

G’day guys, trying to change my headlights as one of them had a run in with a Ute tray. Any tips for removing the front bumper would be appreciated. Have found most fixings but I’m presuming front flares have to come off?
    Cheers
  • itsamitsi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2015
    • Hervey Bay Queensland

I never removed my flares pulling my bar off. Must have missed some fixings somewhere?
    Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• MiteeWidge
      • Mar 2014
      • Townsville

Originally posted by Birchy17 View Post
      G’day guys, trying to change my headlights as one of them had a run in with a Ute tray. Any tips for removing the front bumper would be appreciated. Have found most fixings but I’m presuming front flares have to come off?
      Cheers
      Hop on you tube and check out the videos on ''Service My Ride''. He has a MN Triton which he does the work on. Last post from memory was either fitting a bullbar or cleaning the intercooler. You might pick up a few tips there. For some reason removing driver's side headlight more difficult than passenger side. I recently replaced front intercooler hose and partially removed passenger side for better access to clamp. Biggesst job realigning the splash guard above the wheel.
      2011 Challenger 30th Anniversary Manual , OEM nudge bar , GME 3100 UHF , seat spacers , OEM tow bar , Rydge Ryder Awning , Dueler 265/65/17's , Munji egr , Ultragauge , ABR Sidewinder Flyer dual battery box , TJM Gold 4000 suspension , Plazmaman Intercooler hoses , Stedi ST4K 28'' light bar , 2 Stedi 7'' Type X , Pedders 5899 cones , Provent 200 catch can .

Comment

• Kingbrown
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2012
        • Port Augusta - SA

Online Service Manual:

Section 54A Chassis Electrical -> Headlamp

Section 51 Front Bumper Assembly

It does show the removal of flares, which I find surprising.
        2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• iamalexm
          • Jul 2020
          • Florida

Try to read and watch DIY projects online to find out how to remove it. It will save you time and effort. Sorry if I can't help you since I haven't done it before.

Comment

• NFT5
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Canberra

You will need to release the flare from the bar and the first couple of clips on the guard. This should give you enough movement to get to the screw at the top rear corner of the bar. Be careful releasing the clips from the guard - they are very tight and if you don't pull straight out you can damage where they mount on the flare. If you use a clip remover then put something between it and the guard so you don't dent the guard when levering.

Don't forget there is a bolt that goes in to the back of the headlight. 10mm hex, from memory, and accessible by pushing the guard liner out of the way, after releasing clips, of course.
            Chris

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X