• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Papajero
    • May 2011
    • Perth

Double DIN cradle

Does anyone know where I can get a double din cradle from in Perth like this one???

I'll be trying to fit my double din head unit to my NL shortly and need the cradle
    99 NL Exceed Auto. Dual batteries
  • Papajero
    • May 2011
    • Perth

For those that are interested...

I bought this cradle thru the website and used it to fit a double din 7" screen stereo to my NL.

Removed the original stereo head unit, cut out compartment underneath and fitted the cradle in the pajero stereo fascia. There is plenty of room behind there to fit the double din unit. Sorry but I didn't take any fotos of the installation process.

Cutting out the pajero fascia to the bottom of the storage compartment under the original head unit gives you a space slightly taller than the double DIN cradle (but width is perfect). You can position the cradle at the top of this space with the gap below and it is almost completely covered with the new head unit fascia/surround. Once installed this gap is virtually invisible

To support the rear of the much heavier head unit I just built up layers of rubber by using silastic to glue them on top of the gearbox ecu until the head unit just rested on top when installed. With the correct harness connector from supercheap auto the install was a piece of cake.

Take the time to cut the power antenna trigger wire so you can fit a switch to allow you to turn the antenna off when you are using cd, dvd, GPS, camera, bluetooth, ipod or memory card functions.

I can provide photos of the finished install in a week or so when I return to my car if anyone needs clarification
    99 NL Exceed Auto. Dual batteries

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2000
      • Tasmania

Take the time to cut the power antenna trigger wire so you can fit a switch to allow you to turn the antenna off when you are using cd, dvd, GPS, camera, bluetooth, ipod or memory card functions.

yeah its a real pity these units dont drop power to the aerial wire when anything other than radio is selected. My Kenwood cd/mp3 player did this & its really handy.

I did as you suggest & fitted an extra switch, but I bought another factory aerial switch & put it next to the original one, so one for 1/2 or full & the other one to drop the aerial alltogether. Looks very factory.
      NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
      NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X