• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GlennR
    • May 2010
    • Brisbane

Ns cargo barrier

Hi There,
    Does anybody know if an NP cargo barrier will fit an NS. Any issue with curtain airbags etc? Cheers for any advice.
    NS Exceed - Gunmetal, Aftermarket Chrome handles, mirrors and headlamp surrounds. Bumper Protector, Cargo Barrier, Tow Bar.
  • pajman
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by GlennR View Post
    Hi There,
    Does anybody know if an NP cargo barrier will fit an NS. Any issue with curtain airbags etc? Cheers for any advice.
    I used the NP cargo barrier on my NS but I dont have the side airbags. The only modification I did was to the brackets that mount to the roof. The advantage is the cargo barrier sits more upright.

I would be speaking to the manufacture of the cargo barrier about the side curtains and a NP cargo barrier. Did the NP run side curtains.

Cheers
    Bruce
    Last edited by pajman; 20-07-10, 10:28 AM. Reason: spelling
    SOLd NS GLX, 3.2 DID, MANUAL, ARB BAR, IPF SPOTLIGHTS X 4, REAR STORAGE SHEVLES, DVD, SAT NAV, OME 2 inch lift, Dual Battery and roof racks
    wishing :

Now driving

Mazda BT50, bullbar, spotlights, light bar and need so spend more.......

Comment

• Pajero_Pete
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2008
      • Adelaide Hills

I was told when I sold my NP the cargo barrier would not be compatible with my new NS (with side curtain airbags ) and when I compared the NP to the NS barrier - or more importantly the installation - they are very different,
      As mentioned previously the NS is laid back quite considerably compared to the more upright NP barrier.(with no side airbags)
      My large esky fitted easily in the NP but "just" fits longways in the rear of the NS with the barrier in.
      Cheers PP
      Great little Io then NL dual fuel then my first DiD NP followed by an NS DiD and now an NT RX DiD in the shed

Comment

• GlennR
        • May 2010
        • Brisbane

Thanks Guys. Looks like i might need to bite the bullet and go for a new one, however loss of space is a bit of a concern with the more inclined install.

Cheers
        Glenn.
        NS Exceed - Gunmetal, Aftermarket Chrome handles, mirrors and headlamp surrounds. Bumper Protector, Cargo Barrier, Tow Bar.

Comment

• buckster
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

I had my NP barrier fitted to my NT VRX no issues. If you look at the owners manual where the air bags deploy you will see that there is no issue at all.

The other advantage is i have the perspex window so the kids can still grab drinks from the back fridge..... (when i'm stopped of course)
          Gold VRX Family Pack, Genuine alloy bull bar, super cibie oscar +, Yokohama ATX

Comment

• MickyD
            • Dec 2007
            • Aberfoyle Park SA

Originally posted by GlennR View Post
            Thanks Guys. Looks like i might need to bite the bullet and go for a new one, however loss of space is a bit of a concern with the more inclined install.

Cheers
            Glenn.
            If you are comfortable purchasing second hand from ebay, you can save a fair bit of money. There is a seller in Queensland who sells cargo barriers removed from used cars before re-sale. I recently purchased one for my NS Pajero for only $150, then it cost me around $45 to freight it to Adelaide. Installation was about $275 from memory (including a new fitting kit) so all up it cost me about $470 which was quite a saving over a brand new one. Mine is in excellent condition with only a few small scrapes in the powder coating, but I was quite happy to wear that for the savings made. The seller is at http://shop.ebay.com.au/jaad12/m.htm..._from=&_ipg=25 although I just checked and he has nothing listed for sale at the moment. If you can afford to wait, perhaps keep checking to see if any new listings come up.
            NT MY10 VRX DiD Auto (charcoal grey) with MMA towbar & nudge bar plus sundry other MMA bits including neoprene seat covers, Lightforce 170 Striker spotties, Milford cargo barrier, Hankook Ventus tyres on 18" OEM alloy rims and 17" BFG A/T KO tyres on 17" OEM steel rims, Redarc TowPro brake controller, DigOptions replacement head unit with reversing camera, full set of Bushskinz bash plates, Bilstein/Dobinson suspension

Comment

• GlennR
              • May 2010
              • Brisbane

Thanks MickeyD. I have saved this seller on Ebay.

Comment

• MickyD
                • Dec 2007
                • Aberfoyle Park SA

It might even be worthwhile sending that seller a message to see if they are likely to have any more for sale soon.
                NT MY10 VRX DiD Auto (charcoal grey) with MMA towbar & nudge bar plus sundry other MMA bits including neoprene seat covers, Lightforce 170 Striker spotties, Milford cargo barrier, Hankook Ventus tyres on 18" OEM alloy rims and 17" BFG A/T KO tyres on 17" OEM steel rims, Redarc TowPro brake controller, DigOptions replacement head unit with reversing camera, full set of Bushskinz bash plates, Bilstein/Dobinson suspension

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X