• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • disco stu
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2018
    • Wollongong

Yeah, I just figured someone might want to know what they are capable of. I'm surprised they are that much smaller than magna

Comment

• stumagoo
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2014
      • Perth WA S.O.R

Me too. Actually quite keen to try either Magna or 380 ones myself but I am likely to do that when I do the 380 transplant
      1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
      *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
      1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• disco stu
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2018
        • Wollongong

Being 12 hole I would think the 380 ones would be a lot better

Comment

• stumagoo
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2014
          • Perth WA S.O.R

I suspect so and as I am going to do the 380 swap and bolt the supercharger onto it I want the extra fueling if possible.
          May have to use the 380 lower Plenum and get the Paj upper match ported or something else sorted
          1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
          1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• Darkfibre
            • Dec 2020
            • Perth

Ok,
            To resurrect an older thread. I have been going down the road of scaling injectors, and fell into the trap of internet research that told me that 3.5l magna injectors flowed the same as a 380 injector.
            After spending many roadtests logging injector trims and wideband A/F ratios, I found my settings did not reflect 3.5l Magna injectors.
            I was hoping that everyone reporting that the 6G74 and 380 6G75 injectors flowed the same meant I could use the Magna settings. After finding I was still rich I assumed a fault. After testing fuel pressure and AMM I went out on my way and obtained a Magna injector to compare against and compare on an injector flow bench.

Now because of the way injector test machines work, DO NOT trust the flow readings, but you CAN trust the percentage differences.
            Delica 6G72 green injector 195500-3170 240cc
            Pajero 6G7? red injector 193500-3970 240cc
            Magna 6G74 CDH275 277cc
            380 HDB305s 307cc

Context, Delica 6G72 converted to 6G75 (edit not 6G74) with modified ecu, then changed to 2002 6G72 modified ecu with knock sensor, working on optimal advance tuning now mixtures are close to optimal.

Cheers
            Last edited by Darkfibre; 19-03-21, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• stumagoo
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2014
              • Perth WA S.O.R

Yes Magna peeps report very much what you have found here - As I have said before the numbers used in the ecu scaling is indicative but not an absolute flow rate - the Pajero 3.5 one is rated at 227 in the ecu but from the magna specs it should be around 260 flow rate - the 227 may be flow rate at idle fuel pressure who knows?? there is apparently enough room in the self learn facility of the NL ecu to allow for the 3.8's flow rates wityhout modding the ecu but I figure thats assuming everything else works perfectly....

Currently my stock injectors run at 10psi above stock and are scaled up from 227 to 266 in the ecu my AFR's run sweet (I have a wideband fitted) and my fuel trims (what the ecu adds or removes based on o2 feedback) is less than +-5% which according to the tuning guru's is considered acceptable

I am looking at running RX8 injectors next build as they are nominally 440cc injectors (the other option is STI at 560) both run 13ohm impedance and are physically compatible with sizes so its just a matter of tuning the latency and fuel flows in out ecu

seeing as you are in Perth --- would love to catch up some time

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X