• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apsilon
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2008
    • Hills District NSW

Rhino Platform Rack

After umming and ahhing for a while trying to decide what rack to get my hand was forced by the purchase of a nice new big swag that won't fit in the bacl so I finally bit the bullet just before Xmas and bought Rhino commercial cross bars and feet and the 1.2m platform rack (as I have a SWB).

I was almost set on the Wind Cheetah but comments that it wasn't easy to remove for cleaning convinced me to look at another option. There certainly wasn't many but the Rhino looks OK and hopefully when I want to remove it all I need to do is loosen the clamps from the roof rails and lift everything off as one piece.

Quick question for other owners. The fitting kit has pieces that fit between the platform pieces to help hood them down in addition to the eye bolts. Are the screws for these V clamps supposed to not sit down flush when tighted? I don't think they are but it just looks odd. A couple of flat washer and a spring washer would've taken up the slack as well as provided some anti vibration resistance. Just want to be sure I'm not missing something.
    MY09 NT Pajero X shortie diesel
    Mods - No longer fit in my sig so see here

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X