X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yohan
    • Feb 2014
    • Dubai, UAE

Ive had mind for little over 7 months but since the time i bought it, every time you go over 120km/hr the windows shake like A LOT and the side view mirrors as well. Other than that everything is good

Comment

• Mintox
      • Sep 2013
      • Western Australia

Hehe well it seems this litttle black duck just paid very little for the V19 Whereis map disk today. Just tried it and all works mint. Checked the files on the new created V19 disk and the original V17 disk and identical in naming conventions and number of folders etc indicating that although it wasn't for a Mitsubishi the V19 disk is the same for both makes of cars (the other car was a Subaru). Now happy I didn’t have to fork out 300 bucks!
      The current disk is V20 by the way as advertised on Whereis site.
      My12 NW Platinum DID Auto, ARB Delux Bar, RidgeRyder 12000LB winch, Rhino Roof Racks, Twin Rhino Jerry can holders, OffRoad Battery Tray + Yellow Top D34, OME suspension (Hvy duty front, medium duty rear), Poly airbags rear, Toyo 265/70/R17, GME TX3220 UHF, TJM snorkel, TJM sump and transmission bash plates, ARB compressor, KOR LED 80Watt driving lights, RedArc BCDC1220.

Comment

• SuperYOOT
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Mintox View Post
        Hehe well it seems this litttle black duck just paid very little for the V19 Whereis map disk today. Just tried it and all works mint. Checked the files on the new created V19 disk and the original V17 disk and identical in naming conventions and number of folders etc indicating that although it wasn't for a Mitsubishi the V19 disk is the same for both makes of cars (the other car was a Subaru). Now happy I didn’t have to fork out 300 bucks!
        The current disk is V20 by the way as advertised on Whereis site.
        I did that back when I had a new 2007 Forester ST with GPS, I had it it for three months and the software was updated from 2004 to 2007 and the dealer wouldn't upgrade me for less than $300.

As luck would have it my neighbour picked up a 2007 liberty soon after and the sat nag disk (which was a DVD system back then) worked just fine in my car, so I popped it in my PC and made an image, and burnt it to a blank disk. Presto, updated maps for the grand total of $2 for a black DL DVD.

I have been using my iPhone 4S and recently 5S in a "hold my phone" clip-on holder in the Prado which plugs into the media unit via USB to charge and provide the iPod capabilities.

Audio from Siri or Google come through over the top of whatever audio I am using (radio, iPod, etc) and the phone is clear and easy to read.

The added bonus is the Toyota link app gives the media unit access to the internet so I get the weather radar, nearest fuel, forecast and google at the touch of a button on the cars display (which I do use occasionally).

Wouldn't pay for nav again unless it was 'free' with the next car.

Comment

• Not Withstanding
          • Jan 2014
          • Melbourne

Yeah apart from the jazzy nerd graphics the Toyota entertainment system is way and beyond the mmcs. Doubled my affection for our work SR5.
          Last edited by Not Withstanding; 03-05-14, 10:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Bigbaddave12
            • Jul 2012
            • South East S.A.

Originally posted by SuperYOOT View Post
            'free' with the next car.
            Is anything ever "Free"?
            Dave
            bigbaddave12.
            NW MY12 Platinum Pajero, ARB Bullbar, Greatwhites 18 Led Light Bar, Sandgrabba Mats, Wetseat Covers, Full EGR Block, Airtec Snorkel, Plus more when the money tree grows it's leaves back!

Comment

• Yclept
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2013
              • Sydney

Originally posted by Naviguesser View Post
              I deliberately down specced to not get the MMCS.
              Probably not a bad move, but then I'm sorry i didn't go up to the Exceed to get the HIDs as the VRX headlights are just rubbish.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• anhie
                • Jan 2013
                • brisbane

agree there YCEPT
                Iron Bark MY13 VRX NW Pajero 4WD Newbie.
                Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Comment

• outback_dreamer
                  • May 2012
                  • Perth

Rattles in Pajero

Originally posted by bok View Post
                  Are you happy with the build quality of your new pajero?

Myself and my wife are not very happy that for sure.we picked up our new glxr 2 weeks ago and the amount of rattles in the doors , pillars the drivers seat base is loose and moves around a lot.the wheel alignment was way out and was pulling hard left.the speaker in the back passenger was loose and rattling in the door.the dash squeaks and rattles.the little speakers in the roof for the Bluetooth are loose as well.we took it back today for the first service and some items where fixed but also some that the dealership said where foxed are still rattling around badly maybe even worse then before.also does your washer bottle constantly leak water when parked at a forward angle as well.there has been no window tinting done as that is the first question the dealership asked as well.i guess trying to say that caused the problem.sorry for the rant but this is our first ever pajero and we are pretty disappointed with the quality of our pajero.

Phil
                  Hi sorry to hear about your experience and hope my experience will help. My Pajero NW has completed 50000km in just over 2 years. I purchased a full maintenance manual on CD on eBay for about $20 and this helped me track and fix rattles in the car. On some bad gravel roads I have experienced even my doors shake around and I had to correct a few poorly installed items in the engine bay. More recently I resprayed the metals bits under the side steps of the vehicle. I have gained a real appreciation for the vehicles off-road ability and it's stability recently after hitting a difficult to see sandy area on a gravel road while at speed with a number of vehicles on my tail. I thought I lost it however it steered perfectly with the Coopers AT3's. I have owned 6 new cars during the past 20 years and noticed a real decrease in quality in vehicle design and quality of actual installs. I more recently experienced a very poor service done for the 45k service. Oil covered the whole engine bay, brake fluid was well above the mark where the engine coolant was well below the mark. I had similar experiences at other car dealers thus it appears it is the direction quality is going. I still love the car and it's design and believe it is very reliable however time will tell.

Regards
                  Pajero MW, Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Rhino roof Rack, Rhino Crossbars, Rhino SunSeeker2, RedArc BCDC1220, ICOM 440N radio, ARB bulbar

Comment

• JohnGavin
                    • Jan 2013
                    • South Africa

Hi gents
                    For those of you who have an irritating rattle near the top speaker where the dash meets the windscreen i might have found a problem.
                    If you remove the cover on top and the speaker (those with a gls) you will notice this bolt end (bottom of picture provided) with what looks like a split ring (upside down horse shoe shape)
                    If you push on the top of the dash you will notice there is some play on that point.I used a sikafix adhesive in the gaps around the bolt end,voila that rattle is gone and the centre dash section is way more rigid now.
                    I believe over time,due to it being a hard plastic,it does wear a bit and hence the rattle.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• wrfreak
                      • Jun 2012
                      • Bungendore

Originally posted by JohnGavin View Post
                      Hi gents
                      For those of you who have an irritating rattle near the top speaker where the dash meets the windscreen i might have found a problem.
                      If you remove the cover on top and the speaker (those with a gls) you will notice this bolt end (bottom of picture provided) with what looks like a split ring (upside down horse shoe shape)
                      If you push on the top of the dash you will notice there is some play on that point.I used a sikafix adhesive in the gaps around the bolt end,voila that rattle is gone and the centre dash section is way more rigid now.
                      I believe over time,due to it being a hard plastic,it does wear a bit and hence the rattle.
                      G'day John any chance you can post a pic that is not so close up. I have had this exact problem since new and it has driven me bananas. have even written to MMA to voice my disgust but still no fix. Would be keen to give your fix a go.

Cheers Andrew

Comment

• Paul69
                        • Apr 2014
                        • Geraldton

Hello, i have the wind noise around the front doors on my MY14 exceed, would those wind deflectors you can put on around the window fix this?
                        Thanks

Comment

• JohnGavin
                          • Jan 2013
                          • South Africa

Hi Paul
                          I found i also had a wind noise at my front door but found it to be inside the small triangular speaker casing situated where the door slants to the front.

when i opened it up i found a small hole where possibly cables etc run through and used silicon sealer to close the holes.

Its possible that the wind deflectors could work,never tried myself.If non of the above work maybe ask your agent to just adjust the door slightly to close tighter.
                          Keep us posted as to the results

Comment

• PBding
                            • May 2010
                            • Canberra

Originally posted by Paul69 View Post
                            Hello, i have the wind noise around the front doors on my MY14 exceed, would those wind deflectors you can put on around the window fix this?
                            Thanks
                            I"ve got them and have had them on a few before, I think they actually create a bit of noise but not having driven the NW without them I don't know. Fitted them to the PB Challenger but can't remember if they made a noise difference. I have them because I don't like rain/water coming in when I run the fridge on 240v etc.
                            On the drivers side one of the little fixing screws came loose allowing wind between the car and deflector, it made a noise then.
                            NW GLX-R Pajero auto in Champagne; not anymore, it's gone to a new home. Now piloting a Y62 Patrol petrol v8 in pearl white.

Comment

• Paul69
                              • Apr 2014
                              • Geraldton

Originally posted by JohnGavin View Post
                              Hi Paul
                              I found i also had a wind noise at my front door but found it to be inside the small triangular speaker casing situated where the door slants to the front.

when i opened it up i found a small hole where possibly cables etc run through and used silicon sealer to close the holes.

Its possible that the wind deflectors could work,never tried myself.If non of the above work maybe ask your agent to just adjust the door slightly to close tighter.
                              Keep us posted as to the results
                              Did the silicon sealer make a difference?
                              Ill have a look on the weekend.

Comment

• JohnGavin
                                • Jan 2013
                                • South Africa

It did on mine yes.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X