• charlie 4m40
    • Jul 2015
    • mackay

Remove tappet cover and sock in diesel ,cleans the pcv all good again

Comment

• janus
      • May 2015
      • Costa Rica

Hi folks. I've read this thread and I must confess that in first I was a bit confuse about how to clean this valve / filter / oil separator or whatever, because I didn't have clear of what I would find when I open up the rocker cover.
      So, I took the risk and take some pics, for to other people being easier to know the part. There is some picture taken before in this thread but was not installed in the rocker cover, so it's a bit confusing. And surprisely, I haven't found any pic in Google and I suppose this is not an spare part, saying you can only acquire it with the whole rocker cover.
      It can't be taken away from the cover unless you do it forced, thing that I don't recomend, the guy who starts this thread do it, but sincerely I don't know how.
      I've used kerosene to clean it, it brings good results and it's very effective, in my case, was not so blocked and no much crap, but this is cause my Nativa is only 10 years old.
      Whatever, this is the pic, hope it can be useful to you, and I would be appreciated if someone can explain how this works, meaning which is the hole that returns the oil to the engine, because there is a rectangle-shape hole and a narrow pipe in the side of the engine. I guess this is not a PCV valve like others, it's more like an oil filter or oil separator system.
      Cheers.
      Attached Files
      Mitsubishi Montero GLS 2011 TDI M/T 4M40T (Pajero NT)

Comment

• davemuldoon
        • Jun 2016
        • Bolivia

Now October 2017 and still helping people out! Thanks so much!
        93 Pajero NHF 2.8td 4M40 LHD Conversion

Comment

• w1nter
          • Sep 2015
          • Kazakhstan, Almaty

Hi guys!
          Actually there are two types of valve covers. I mean oil separator inside covers.
          The first type was done before the year 95, after - second type.

The second type should work and separate the oil.
          I need it...

Comment

• Dongskie2
            • Dec 2016
            • Manila & Berwick

Awesome!
            Nothing beats Doing It Yourself.... Tuned 4M40 and 4D56T WIP

Comment

• Ozzyal
              • Sep 2017
              • Rushworth

I had a TD Delica for 10 years that ran like a dream over 400,000kms before I smashed it in Feb .
              I bought another one with 150,000kms , its fitted with a catch can and its crazy how much oil it grabs . Thanks for reminding me of this . I now remember that when I felt I was getting too much blow by on the older one, I used to just pour a heap of diesel back through the breather when doing an oil change. This was usually enough to clean everything with the added benefit of flushing the black crap out of the engine . To the point of being very hard to see the clean oil on the dipstick even after 1000kms .

Comment

• bilgeboy
                Valued Member
                • May 2011
                • melbourne

just like this one because it has no half moon seals!

Originally posted by janus View Post
                Hi folks. I've read this thread and I must confess that in first I was a bit confuse about how to clean this valve / filter / oil separator or whatever, because I didn't have clear of what I would find when I open up the rocker cover.
                So, I took the risk and take some pics, for to other people being easier to know the part. There is some picture taken before in this thread but was not installed in the rocker cover, so it's a bit confusing. And surprisely, I haven't found any pic in Google and I suppose this is not an spare part, saying you can only acquire it with the whole rocker cover.
                It can't be taken away from the cover unless you do it forced, thing that I don't recomend, the guy who starts this thread do it, but sincerely I don't know how.
                I've used kerosene to clean it, it brings good results and it's very effective, in my case, was not so blocked and no much crap, but this is cause my Nativa is only 10 years old.
                Whatever, this is the pic, hope it can be useful to you, and I would be appreciated if someone can explain how this works, meaning which is the hole that returns the oil to the engine, because there is a rectangle-shape hole and a narrow pipe in the side of the engine. I guess this is not a PCV valve like others, it's more like an oil filter or oil separator system.
                Cheers.
                2008 VRX 25TH anniversary with lots of extras
                GONE! 1997 NK Pajero turbo diesel GLX 31" Maxxis bighorns/2'Lift/ARB Winchbar/ warn x9000/ IPF 900 Spots/GME UHF and a Jesus bar.

Comment

• Dongskie2
                  • Dec 2016
                  • Manila & Berwick

Thanks to this, will check mine soon.
                  Nothing beats Doing It Yourself.... Tuned 4M40 and 4D56T WIP

Comment

• TimTams
                    • Apr 2012
                    • Melbourne

cleaned mine out with degreaser a couple of times while I had the rocker off but I'm not sure it was effective... I am still getting a lot of oil through the intake. Turbo is a brand new Kinugawa unit so I doubt that is the problem
                    '95 LWB Pajero NJ 2.8TD Manual

Comment

• Muzza
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2007
                      • Nsw

Originally posted by TimTams View Post
                      cleaned mine out with degreaser a couple of times while I had the rocker off but I'm not sure it was effective... I am still getting a lot of oil through the intake. Turbo is a brand new Kinugawa unit so I doubt that is the problem
                      The breather gauge / baffle inside the cover has failed and is allowing oil to pass thru, not uncommon for the old 2.8
                      Muzza
                      2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
                      2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
                      2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• charlie 4m40
                        • Jul 2015
                        • mackay

Has anyone just completely removed this baffle, and ran with out it. What's your toughts.

Comment

• S club 7
                          • Jun 2015
                          • Darwin

Originally posted by charlie 4m40 View Post
                          Has anyone just completely removed this baffle, and ran with out it. What's your toughts.
                          I also want to know if snyone has done this. My old hilux juat had a barb sticking out of the cover with nothong behind it to keep oil in the engine and i never had any oil in the intake pipes. Im currently go8ng through about 1-2L every 700km and to me thats crazy
                          NL auto, 380 conversion, 35" KL71 on GU steelies, wound up torsion bars, GU rear springs, 90 series Prado EFS shocks, both sway bars removed, alloy bull bar, fleabay snorkel, 380 intake and injectors,

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X