• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cookie
    • Feb 2008
    • Perth

Ultra gauge MX – OBDII monitoring

So I’m keen to get one of these OBDII devices and have done a lot of reading.

My main question is has anyone got the auto trans temp working on the ultragauge MX? That would be one of my main parameters of interest and I saw a post where at least one member on here has the MX.

I know the scangauge II will do it but I like the ultragauge display better, and it’s cheaper.

The torque pro app sounds great but I’m an apple user, no comments please . I know there are equivalent apps for the iphone but I like the idea of having an independent screen permanently installed.
    2014 NW GLX
    ----------------------------------------------
    Previously: 98 Challenger, 2 inch lift, koni shocks, ARB bullbar, Lightforce 240 Blitz, redarc dual battery sys, UHF, bushman fridge, Wrangler ATR's
  • Goodsy
    Who ya gunna call....
    • Dec 2010
    • Hervey Bay

Cannot do on the Ultra Gauge sorry. But can on the ScanGauge.
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• cookie
      • Feb 2008
      • Perth

Even on the new MX which is supposedly programmable with non-standard codes?
      2014 NW GLX
      Previously: 98 Challenger, 2 inch lift, koni shocks, ARB bullbar, Lightforce 240 Blitz, redarc dual battery sys, UHF, bushman fridge, Wrangler ATR's

Comment

• widgy
        • Sep 2013
        • Tassie

So the OBD11 scan tools work on mits vechiles
        NH shorty gls factory rear locker suspension seats 32" MTZ's 2" body lift 2" suspension lift ,4M41 conversion ,top mount IC,TJM Winch Bar 12000lb winch Stedi 120watt light bar plus more to come

Comment

• cookie
          • Feb 2008
          • Perth

Not all mits vehicles, but definitely in recent models.
          I'm not sure exactly when OBDII protocols were introduced.
          2014 NW GLX

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

I have the Ultragauge as I prefer the read out face. I also have an Engine Watchdog. 2 senosrs..1 for auto trans temp and I use the other as additional motor head temp.
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Goodsy
              Who ya gunna call....
              • Dec 2010
              • Hervey Bay

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
              I have the Ultragauge as I prefer the read out face. I also have an Engine Watchdog. 2 senosrs..1 for auto trans temp and I use the other as additional motor head temp.
              Where do you have the sensor for the auto?
              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• shawty950
                • Jun 2011
                • Brisbane

MX version of Ultragauge

New version allows you to do the same thing as the scangauge...ie. create a a custom gauge by typing in those OBD2 hex codes that are on some thread around here somewhere
                SOLD at 150k's - 2011 NT Platinum Diesel auto. Wheels and tyres, cav filter, caddy storage/ausguard barrier and icom IC-440N. NoLimit Tuning Chip. T13 Bullbar. Other stuff when money allows.

NOW - 2016 MQ Triton Exceed - All the TJM fruit re barwork, MCA Gold shocks and Parabolic rear leafs, TJM canopy, twin diff locks OEM rear and Harrop front, breathers, rhinorack, eco foxwing

Comment

• Goodsy
                  Who ya gunna call....
                  • Dec 2010
                  • Hervey Bay

About time.
                  Stand corrected. With the new MX model it seems you can.
                  NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                    Where do you have the sensor for the auto?
                    On a bolt near pan. Hottest place I could find. Wont give exact reading of fluid but it is relevant to temperature rise in the transmission. I have monitored it and set the alarm accordingly (cant remember what it is off the top of my head). Probably not as 100% accurate as scangauge but I did not like the read out screen of the scangauge. It serves my purpose.

cheers
                    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• anhie
                      • Jan 2013
                      • brisbane

SO how do you get the temp of transmission the ultra gauge please?
                      Iron Bark MY13 VRX NW Pajero 4WD Newbie.
                      Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Comment

• geopaj
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2007
                        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                        I have the Ultragauge as I prefer the read out face...
                        I prefer the Ultragauge read out too (larger digits than Scangauge).

Originally posted by anhie View Post
                        SO how do you get the temp of transmission the ultra gauge please?
                        I'd like to upgrade to the Ultragauge MX but want someone to confirm it will DEFINATELY do Pajero's auto trans temps before buying one.
                        Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• cookie
                          • Feb 2008
                          • Perth

This is the custom PID info for the auto trans temp I dug up from a thread somewhere. Only (potentially) works on MX version of ultragauge.

---------------------------
                          first line is: OBD2 mode and PID(in HEX)
                          second line is: 2102
                          third line is: Short name (used in Display)
                          ie one line is the title following line is the valve
                          and the equation is f-50
                          -----------------------------

Member Bloggsy bought the MX back in march last year but I haven’t seen anywhere if he (or anyone else) got the auto trans temp working which I would also like to confirm. Hence the question.

2014 NW GLX

Comment

• grhyso
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • Perth

Also interested if anyone can confirm if it works. I do like the ultragauge display and the less things cluttering the dash the better as my car is a daily driver.

i haven't looked at prices of shipping but pretty sure you can send an old ultra gauge em back and they'll change it software/hardware over to the mx for a small fee. Possibly more cost effective just to buy a new one.
                            2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• geopaj
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2007
                              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Dicko1
                              Why buy another. Use the old one you have for various readouts and get an Engine Watchdog...
                              Three reasons;
                              1. Minimise the 'accessories' or gauges mounted on the dash.
                              2. To do what you have suggested would be dearer and less accurate - Engine Watchdog ($169 inc postage) - Ultragauge MX ($85US plus postage).
                              3. It's what I want to do.

Originally posted by cookie View Post

Member Bloggsy bought the MX back in march last year but I haven’t seen anywhere if he (or anyone else) got the auto trans temp working which I would also like to confirm. Hence the question.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=38040
                              on 8/1/15, I sent Bloggsy a PM on this exact topic (to see if he/she got it working with the Pajero). I never got a response so I assume Bloggsy is nolonger a frequenter of the Forum?

EDIT: I just checked Bloggsy's forum home page. They last logged in on 29/1/15. Don't really know what that means???
                              Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X